Atlantean Invasion - Island Status List

Okay, I’ve decided to make a list detailing the status of all the islands in the Atlantean Invasion AU. I’ve made this thing based on what I’ve read from the comments on my own post along with the original post by Mirage, though some things might be a bit inconsistent. If you have any suggestions, feel free to leave 'em in the comments!

Dawn Island - Very low Atlantean presence thanks to the constant storm. Occasionally a lost sailor washes up there.

Mango Isle - Very low Atlantean presence, largely due to nobody living there.

Elm Island - Low Atlantean presence, though Edward Kenton would probably be fighting off lost sailors occasionally.

The Jaws - Low Atlantean presence thanks to the Pelion Rift and the fact that the Jaws make it difficult for large ships to travel through. However, places like Redwake and the Spire Bandits’ Camp would probably become more fortified to fend off attacks from the occasional Atlantean sailboat/caravel. Shura would probably be fine, though he’d likely leave the Silent Ire.

Frostmill Island - Low Atlantean presence thanks to the constant chill. Some survivors and frost brigands might still live there, though they’d definitely have to fight off Atlanteans every now and then.

Darkpine Isle - Low Atlantean presence, largely due to nobody living there.

Goso Jungle - Low Atlantean presence, though Souvella would probably leave.

Thorin’s Refuge - Low Atlantean presence, though Thorin would probably leave.

Limestone Key - Low-Moderate Atlantran presence, largely due to some coming from Palo Town nearby.

Palo Town - Moderate Atlantean presence, town would likely be wiped out early in the invasion.

Whispering Caverns - Moderate Atlantean presence, survivors would likely try to drain the flooded mines and turn it into a safe zone.

Whitesummit - Low Atlantean presence due to the cold. Blackwater grotto criminals/Assassin’s Guild members would likely try and fight off the Atlantean hordes.

The Stepstones - Moderate-High Atlantean presence. They’d occasionally try to climb up to reach the sky islands, but would be knocked back down before they reach the top. As such, they’d all be surrounding the base of the mountain.

Silverhold - No Atlantean presence thanks to the efforts of the Grand Navy. GN would likely maintain a full lockdown of the place, forbidding anyone to enter or leave.

Harvest Island - Low-Moderate Atlantean presence. Sarlovéze would probably leave, though he’d also be able to kick any Atlanteans who approach into the whirlpools.

Munera Garden - Low Atlantean presence. Sir Gavin definitely won’t be fixing the place up anytime soon.

Forest of Cernunno - Moderate-high Atlantean presence. Cerynx and the Cult of Greenwish would probably try and fight off any Atlanteans who set foot on the island, though they would probably be overwhelmed over time.

Sailor’s Lodge - Moderate Atlantean presence, would likely be overrun shortly before the Atlanteans head for Ravenna.

Fort Talos - Low Atlantean presence. The surface of the fort would be abandoned, collapsing for another reason instead of the player, but survivors would turn the dungeons into a refuge. However, they are unaware of the fact that General Argos, buried under rubble yet still alive due to mutating into an Atlantean, still dwells within.

Shell Island - High Atlantean presence. The surface of the island would be covered in Atlanteans, but the ancient ruins there would become a safe zone. The people there would likely live in constant fear of being discovered.

Sandfall Isle - Very low Atlantean presence due to the heat and the fact that nobody lives there.

Ravenna - High Atlantean presence. Most of the island would be overrun, but survivors would hide inside of Mount Caesar. Prince Revon, Julius, and King Calvus would be here as well.

Wind-Row Island - Moderate Atlantean presence. The Wind-Row bandits would use the huge ravine to their advantage in order to launch ambush attacks on unsuspecting Atlanteans.

Blasted Rock/Cassia Bay - Very low Atlantean presence. The sandstorm would likely deter most Atlanteans from even setting foot on the island. Would probably become a safe zone for desperate survivors.

Mount Othrys - No Atlantean presence. Atlantean ships would probably crowd the base, but likely wouldn’t be able to get into the Titan Caverns. Some survivors would likely try and turn the island into a safe zone, though the sheer amount of ships means one would need a fleet to get past them.

Akursius Keep - Very high Atlantean presence. Atlanteans would likely be drawn here due to the insanity effects of the place reminding them of their homes in the Dark Sea.

16 Likes

what about that one random shipwright that operates there?

The constant storm doesn’t stop them from from living in the dark sea, but there isn’t anyone there so they probably wouldn’t be there anyway.

Remember that Caria is there and she is apparently pretty powerful based on the amount of effort that the navy had to put in to fight her, which didn’t even capture or kill her.

A significant portion of her strength probably came from her ship and crew, and she did “lose” because her ship got sunk.

That is true. However, in literally every other ship in the game, the captain is by far the strongest one and the rest of the crew is mostly useless. What we do know is that she is stronger than everyone else on shell island.

Oh yeah, kinda forgot about them. Not gonna lie, haven’t really set foot on that island since doing the first Enizor quest.

Oh right, she lives on Shell Island. I imagine that she’d act almost like a guardian helping to get people safely into the caverns while also killing any Atlanteans that stray too close to the entrance.

I’d imagine Redwake would collapse a few months/years into the invasion because they heavily rely on fishing. If the Atlantean presence poisons the sea or they blockade Redwake hunting crews, everyone would slowly starve to death because there are no crops, it’s all just stone spires.

cant believe I missed this topic!!

You put so much thought into these, ty for bringing this silly idea of mine to life

additionally, should be noted that although most islands seem barren of Atlanteans, the sea is overrun with them, making travel between islands almost an impossible task. If you’re stuck on a dangerous island, you’re STUCK.

1 Like

Made it so that “other reason” was an Atlantean raid, in which the fight had caused the fortress to collapse in on itself, killing MOST of the Atlanteans as well as the Ravenna soldiers inside.

1 Like

True! Maybe that’s also how Argos got infected, so many Atlanteans surrounded him that they all fell onto him when the fort collapsed, fusing into his body

yep, and since said Atlanteans were probably exhausted too, they didn’t have time to really eat him which allowed him time to mutate

Like you said, he’s the only Atlantean in Fort Talos, and picks off those who are separated from the group of survivors inside the ruins

How long would most safe havens survive on its own? I’d imagine most of them except Cirrus and Silverhold would just starve to death over time unless they can get some unique food or whatevs

nah I’d win tbh

(2000 def 400 regeneration warden)

(12,000,000 power with no drawbacks)

Good point. That said, any island with the player on it will be eating for several years on the player’s food supplies alone. /j

1 Like

assuming the player didn’t get a unhealthy dose of atlantean and or devoured

nah the player’s got plot armor, they’ll be fine

There are brave souls that go out and do supply runs, going to many of the islands above that lack a high Atlantean presence to gather food.

In Shell Island’s case, its very risky to go up onto the Atlantean infested surface, but manageable (this is usually Caria’s job)

In this AU does the mc still end up at dawn island somehow? Don’t think he could rowboat over to Redwake with atlantean frigates or whatever constantly looming around.

Also we know about the islands in the Bronze Sea, but do you think the other seas would have more active resistance and generally more Atlanteans? It’s implied that Ravenna is pretty much the weakest kingdom in the War seas. Maybe some Atlantean presence from the Bronze Sea would move to Nimbus or something

The invasion started in the Bronze Sea, so most of them are down here. If the Nimbus Sea is mostly sky islands, I can’t imagine there’d be too many over there.

The player is not a concrete character right now, and could be a self insert for those who want to place their OCs in this AU. The plot is currently not affected or revolving around their story.