ADIM: Story Simulation - Chapter VIII: The Half Way Through

Writer's Notes

tried shortening the Average Day In Magius part so it’s less painful to me

i’d be another pain in the ass if I actually decided to rename old parts… I’m fucking praying rn

anyways have stuff I tweeted while writing today

After a moment of contemplation, Rael knew better than to go after Dacien himself—considering the bandages he’s gotten since yesterday. As he gently pushed the broken door open, Aurielle waved as King David glanced at him.
     Aurielle mentioned Rael’s status as her student to the king as Rael walked towards them. He stopped next to where Jean was.
     “How long have you been there?” David asked Rael, and he replied with a few moments ago—with everything he overheard about. As if to not bore the other two, David quickly summed up the moment he found Dacien trying to steal a book—that eventually escalated to a fight of one-sided revenge.
     When asked about the revenge part, David only remembered burning Dacien’s face in a fight—back when they were young adults. That was the same fight David got his right eye cut. Funnily enough, those two attacks repeated moments ago, but with David burning Dacien’s entire body, and Dacien cutting David’s arm.

Fighting aside, the king moved on to a book Dacien tried to steal—about Lost Magics. With the clues he got from Aurielle, he concluded the criminal’s next moves—to locate a lost magic scroll.
     Knowing Dacien’s reputation as Dark Arts Society guild leader—the guild that gathered dark wizards, bandits, and criminals alike for a greater goal—his search for lost magic must be interrupted as soon as possible.
     “I do not mean to burden you and your students, but are you going after him?”
     Despite the question being directly asked to Aurielle, David also looked at Rael and Jean—to see their opinions on this. The trio then agreed to pursue Dacien as their next quest, prompting David to ask Aurielle to get something from his room. Aurielle took a short trip to the room and returned with a hefty-looking bag—that was later held by Rael.
     King David wished them safety for their journey ahead, before he left them for his own duties.

Rael, Aurielle, and Jean left the keep afterward. Aurielle stopped at a bench by the waterfall—to have a little chat with her students about their journey together.
     Aurielle first admitted that she sucked at teaching her students to unlock their second magics on her own—and she mostly relied on quests and journeys for her students to discover themselves and unlock magics on their own. Jean’s sudden second magic unlocking was still a surprise to her—but it’s a welcome one.
     As Rael was the only one in the trio who didn’t unlock second magic, he asked, “When do you think I’ll unlock it?”
     “Good question,” Aurielle answered, as she stroked her chin. “Do you want a more realistic guess or gut feeling guess first?”
     “The realistic one.”
     “I’d say around 6 months. But if I have to go by pure gut feeling… soon.”
     “How soon?”
     "Anytime soon. Because who knows what would happen in the next quest? And there’s the…”
     Rael paused, letting Aurielle continue the last part for a few moments. But she stopped there. Unsure if she wanted to continue.
     “Do you want to hear something funn—interesting?” Aurielle asked, with uncertainty. Both Rael and Jean nodded, curious to see what she was about to say next.
     “Assuming I and Dacien are equals, he has that Kat person on his side, and I’ve got Rael on my side—”
     Upon hearing the mention of Kat, Rael’s eyebrows furrowed, making Aurielle pause for a bit.
     “You know, I’ll be honest here. That girl and you looked really identical, with a few exceptions of course. Have you known her before? Like before the grasslands quest?”
     Rael shook his head.
     “Oh, huh. That makes things… a little complicated? But who knows? We might discover something new for this quest. Anyways,” she turned to her own bag and grabbed a map, “let’s see our next place.”
     A map of their entire continent—Magius. Not too detailed, but enough to have some distinct locations down like Summer Hold. Aurielle traced towards the north of the map. “I’m sure I saw his body being thrown in this direction, but knowing him, he would get up and run away like he wasn’t burnt alive back then.”
     Towards the north, and her fingertip placed on the even further north—almost reaching the topmost of the map. “Remember the writings earlier? If he wasn’t lying about the translations, it would lead to somewhere around here.”
     After stopping there, she continued tapping at the other possible locations at the north—from the eastern north to the western north—which would be a long journey if they decided to check all those locations for Dacien. “To make this harder, he could’ve tried to throw me off with his translations too. So that means he could head to the south— You know what, I’m checking this with the camp outside. Can’t trust him to stay at one place.”
     Aurielle handed the map to Jean, as she closed her bag and stood up. “I’ll discuss this whole Dacien deal with the Magic Council. You two can get a headstart and find him on your own. I’ll catch up.”
     “You will?”
     “Mhm. That’s one thing I’m somewhat confident with—tracking someone down. Unless they’re Dacien.”
     Aurielle cracked a bit of smile from her students, and that’s enough for her to know they’d be fine.

“Head to the Silent Tower if you don’t know where to go, okay?”

That was the last thing Aurielle said to them before she left the city, leaving both Rael and Jean at the bench with a Magius map and a bag given by the king.
     Jean unfolded the map again, tracing after places Aurielle pointed.
     “Have you been there before?” Jean asked as her finger wandered around the northern part of Magius. Rael shook his head, and Jean replied, “Same. We might need to head home first too, if we’re going there.”

• Head towards the Silent Tower
  • Return to Jean’s house first, then head towards the northern Magius
  • Check out the southern Magius
  • Look for anyone who might go after Dacien already (Or look for anyone nearby who were with those people)

0 voters

1 Like

bumping this one for tactical purpose

changing old post titles bumps them, fuck.

I will also bump this topic :flushed:

1 Like