An unbiased opinion and summary of common fighting styles but I try my hardest to piss everyone off

holy shit taitc covering something original and not making a worse version of something else
no way
woag
what a life changing event
Yeah, apparently nobody has done fighting style stereotypes before. Crazy to think about it.

Anyways, this is a part in my long running “An unbiased opinion and summary of _______ but i try my hardest to piss everyone off” series.

if you know anything about this series, it’s that i pull no punches and when i don’t have things to make fun of in a topic, i’ll make fun of you for completely arbirary things. get ready to get pissed off.

Basic Combat

Imagine going to an expensive bar, it’s got all sorts of gorgeous and expensive drinks that catch your eye. Boxing Beer, Iron Leg Lemonade, Thermo Red Wine, .etc, and instead of getting an actually good drink, you have the gonads to go to your bartender, look them dead in the eyes, and ask for a fucking Milk.

I get it, I totally get it, you’re not an alcohol guy, but good FUCKING lord man, you could at least have gotten one of the non-alcoholic beverages that wasn’t the basic shit. Shame on you.

Boxing

I have a particular disdain for boxing because of the fucking Gloves it forces you to wear.
I mean look at those things they superglue to your palms when you use boxing.
Absolute drip destroyer. And not in a good way. That cool looking outfit you spent god knows how long on? Completely and utterly ruined because you decided to staple fucking CLOWN GLOVES ONTO YOUR HANDS.
Not to mention that they hinder you more than anything as well, they actively LOWER YOUR DAMAGE.
So now, you have:
NO DAMAGE
NO DRIP
and as a result:
NO BITCHES.
though that’s honestly to be expected when you play roblox

Sailor Fist

Anyways, if you run sailor fist you’re probably a dumbass meta loser who probably runs Ice or Lightning cause your favorite thing in any game is being able to stun lock people and your least favorite thing in any game is having fun. You probably also threw a tantrum when you found out the Vetex nerfed Sailor Fist by having you lose hunger when you drink seawater despite the fact that it’s the only thing about this fighting style that makes even a bit of sense.

Thermo Fist

Hey, kids! Do you miss the old AA Impact Fist? Do you want a mediocre alternative that barely increases damage, gives a lousy DOT, makes your attacks marginally master, and actively penalizes you for using it? Well, you have access to exactly that with Thermo Fist!
Looking at the page itself, Thermo Fist genuinely looks like a convoluted balancing act that doesn’t look worth it. If you use it too little, it does jack diddly squat, you’d be better off with literally anything. If you use it too much, it makes your screen all orange and you take more damage from heat attacks.
To be fair though, most people tend to use this just because they’re a magic strength hybrid running a heat magic and just wanted something bland to be able to match their blandness.
Matching bland with bland.
Now that’s a concept.

Iron Leg

Remember when this was called Crane Style?
Me too.
Anyways, you’re either one of 2 people:

1. You have a female Berserker/Strength Hybrid file and you unironically want to be stepped on by them.
  2. You wanna play as the sex offender chef from One Piece.
    Both of which are equally as heinous, and you should really go fuck yourself for being either of them
Karate (not added yet)

It’s a fighting style focused on grabs.
We all know how shitty the hitboxes on grabs are, as well as the fact that they don’t work on Bosses.
It’s gonna be shit when it comes out and I bet that literally nobody’s gonna run it for the reasons above and because it also has a drip reduction like boxing in the colored belt it forces you to wear.
So, for running this, you’re probably an idiot. Or you’re a grab addict and you like to play grapplers in fighting games. Sicko.
Also why the fuck isn’t it Judo? Karate only has a few throw techniques while Judo practically revolves around throwing someone across the room.

Knocking Fist

You’re a sailor fist user without the emphasis on Magics.
Knocking Fist still focuses on stuns much like magic-enhanced Sailor Fist so you still hate fun.

Cannon Fist

Let’s be real.
Who even uses this?
Like, really.
I get the appeal of the other fighting styles.
Heck, even basic makes some sense.
But you’re a strength user.
You wanted to live the life of a speedy lightning bruiser who gets in fast, deals a fuck ton of damage and uses the fast movement of your fists to break every bone in your opponent’s body in a matter of seconds, and instead of that, you want to hurl iron balls at people instead.
And not to mention, those iron balls, cost a fuck ton.
So you not only trade off what you want for projectiles, but you’re also taxing your wallet in the process.
So basically, not only are you not real, but you’re also poor, and you’re also probably irish.
What a sad fate.

People who don't fall under any of the summaries i've given and are gonna counteract all of my points by acting like i'm wrong because the stereotype i gave doesn't apply to them

dickbutt

And that’s it.

Remember Kids: If you take this seriously;
Sucks to be you! Go fuck yourself!

6 Likes

Imagine using a fighting style (Couldn’t be me)

I too was once a sheep like you guys, thinking Cannon fist was some gimmick class to be kept within the back pages of the games popular fighting styles, locked away to the few contrarians who wanted to use it because it wasn’t popular. Then I had my eyes opened.

My friend, broken by his inability to find this endangered species known as a ‘Shay-ark’ decided to go cannon fist instead of the sailor style. He would show me the way. Throwing grapeshot over the horizon, hurling explosive balls like a machine gun, opening my eyes to the beautiful combinations that could be had with warlocks.

2 Likes

dickbutt

bows do it better

No my friend, your eyes are still clouded, the illusion cast upon you is hard to break, I know. One day you will come to see the world as I see it.

I’ve been personally insulted by taitc I must really be a forummer now

2 Likes

Imo the gloves should be like the vanity winter gloves that are already in the game but just a tiny bit bigger, the current gloves just make it look like your character shoved his fists into watermelons

dickbutt

Today i learned, Shot deals less damage then just throwing a cannonball
125 From normal
95 From Shot move
EVEN THO IT HAS A CANNONBALL IN THERE

bro makes Little Mac and calls it a drip destroyer smh

i hope boxing’s lost magic upgrade is some form of older pugilism and gives you bandaged fists instead of the comically large gloves you normally get.

on top of the gloves not meshing well with the ingame avatars, boxing reduces your damage and adds knockback (which makes it harder to combo) :skull:

me being in none of the above :sunglasses:

also i got boxing just for the early game and i feel like it’s shitty

Thank god I didn’t fall under the sailors fist

I went Warlock with lightning but I chose iron leg over sailors fist because Iron and Lightning is drippy!!

bruh you dont know cannon hands until you team up with a metamancer and sink every positive rep players’ ships in the server, with your bare hands. The cost doesn’t matter when you steal sealed chests to earn those cannon balls, well with a metamancer who does like 700 hit points in one move.

Also basic combat is second only to iron lef (every word that describes movement stumps has “F” or “G”: lef, thifh, goot, well not knees I fuess), it has no special attributes- but that means no downsides. Milk is a bad comparison since milk is actively worse than water (which is the basic drink)

Thermo fist more like thermo fart hahaha

1 Like

ive 1v1 someone with sailor fist and lightning and lemme tell you it’s annoying getting stunned every 4 hits :skull:

thanks for the great idea lmao

Never seen a single man with a sealed chest because they just sail to closest island and unlock them right away and not hoard them

I love this.

According to taitc i didnt exist since WoM.
imagine having a corporeal form haha