AO Webcomic when? đź—ż

Tell me more

this might sound weird but its something ive always liked to do but then im kinda thinking like “how would it go? how would it be received? even if it was received well, will i still have motivation to keep going on it?”
but yeah i love webcomics, so itd be nice to have some AO/WOM inspired stories.

if i were to make a story, would kinda start off like this…
my crystal char, ida, usually gets small glimpses of the future but the moment she gets a much longer version of her vision, she sees a major evil force gliding over the world, bringing nothing but chaos in its path. with all the debris, trees and wind filling the area, she sees one girl standing feet away, looking at ida, crying. it was zora, whos the light oc. after her vision, her intentionally goofy self finds zora with annette simply training like she wasnt crying at all.

tldr; i want to produce a story that utilizes my ocs in a way. :smiley: but since im not too experienced in story writing, considering the last time i wrote a story was when i was 12 and it was cheesy emo romance stuff :face_in_clouds: so i typically just stick with character design and art projects.

3 Likes

Honestly sounds really interesting… and the whole ocs things reminds me of me lol. Whenever there was discussions of a WoM fan story/comic I would try to find a way to get my main file oc as a mentor character (might try to do it again :skull_and_crossbones:)

1 Like

I actually Plan on making a sort of AO light-novel esque story once the second sea is out and lost magics are a thing and stuff but i can’t make it now due to not being able to use certain story elements (foreshadow mainly) if i start writing it during the bronze sea :frcryin:

yeah and like the writing the members here do is super good. usually im one to get inspired so easily to do something but if i lose my motivation, ill lose it.
in reality what i need is some story-making classes because ive read my 12 year old-selfs stories, least before the website was closed, and god let me tell you… it was an effort, a super, highly, cringy effort. :face_holding_back_tears:

Shameless plug, but this is part of it. It’s basically a “What If?” Arcane Webcomic, where it focuses on questions such as

• What if Morock won against the AG?
  • What if the Inferno Curse was taken and resides in the 7 Seas
  • What if Torren existed
  • What if the Scorch and Aethereal Flame was taken and located in the War Seas
  • What if Freedrock actually owned Durandal before

Just to name a few. It heavily involves the Grand Fire Curses and even more so yeah. There’s more What If questions I’m going over but it’s still in works. I posted more art related to this as well

My Greek Gods Designs

The King of the Underworld

Arcane Gods : Thanatos

My absolute first rendition of this idea

The Grand Fire Warriors (Part Head-canon)

2 Likes

One option is to find people or friends who you know are good at writing and ask them for help and/or guidance.

Yoo that sounds lit

I could 100% write and draw an AO comic.
The problem is, I wouldn’t be able to really put it on the forums or anywhere else since my DIGITAL drawing skills are ass.

Unfortunate :frcryin:

I actually made a ton of comics in 6th grade, and they weren’t bad(for a 6th grader…), people ACTUALLY liked to read and catch up to it. I’ll learn how to draw digitally eventually.

1 Like

How interesting

im not sure vetex and tech want a ao webcomic to exist

surely they would want to tell their own story

an aa webcomic exists because that story was doomed to be unfinished

If anyone wants, I can offer to help write for a webcomic or help with the designs(I wouldn’t be able draw it digitally tho)

I suppose, but people do what they want to do if they really do want to do it.
Do you need permission for that sort of thing?

I would also like to help out… I’ve been dabbling in creative writing recently + I got some villain and mentor concepts

The problem is, I’m not really good at making simple concepts. I spend a lot of time thinking of complicated or interesting/gimmicky abilities for my characters. I suppose if I were to integrate a simple character into a story and make them use their abilities in an interesting way, that would be nice.

1 Like

Actually if I made an AO story I’d probably end up making it end in tragedy like a lot of my stories do ;-;

Tragedies can tell good lessons if you do them right! Or you can settle on a more bittersweet compromise like a self-sacrificial ending

Well, shit. A whole ton of my stories end in tragedy just because.

I feel like if I made a happy ending it wouldn’t be really good.