Can weapon and fighting style users get as strong as curse and magic users?

Which is funny since that’s how AA would’ve ended up it roblox didn’t brick it

What just doesn’t make sense to me is this:

every build technically uses magic.

I’m pretty sure aura and magic are like the same thing.

so why is aura that imitates an element of some kind inherently stronger than aura that creates a flying phoenix? like what changed for the level of power to now suddenly favor one thing over the other despite both things being basically the same.

Ngl I’m fine with curses being stronger than the other builds since curses are clearly supposed to be super rare and grant incredible power at a sometimes hefty cost but this just doesn’t connect in my brain.

Aura and magic are the same thing, more so aura just being one of the many applications that involves magic. Personally, if I was in charge of the lore, I’d keep mages as the peak of raw destructive power (excluding curses) with other archetypes excelling at other aspects of combat that mages falter at.

What it should’ve been instead of just “aura is equal but some auras are more equal than others”

my biggest annoyance about the lore is this
prometheus literally had the grand fire curses and should’ve completely stomped arthur in every way imaginable
the “special method” just seems like some duct tape covering up a plot hole
i’m not saying u can’t have weaker characters beat much stronger characters through some clever tricks or secrets but the fact that this “special method” is not mentioned anywhere else doesn’t sit right with me

• he didn’t have the grand fire curses, he created them after olympus fell
  • it wasn’t arthur soloing every single god lol, there was entire war on mount olympus and some of the gods were on the humans’ side, arthur was just the leader of the opposition

not sure if the war of the gods is mentioned on the lore doc or not but yea, its not a plot hole

6 Likes

its a roblox game that is like 15% done, obviously all of the lore and how things work aren’t going to be mentioned in-game this early

5 Likes

if he had the power to create them in the first place i’m still skeptical that he could’ve died to cursebeard and his crew

oh good point actually i didn’t think of that

its a verse focused on magic so obviously the strongest people will either be using powers created by beings of magic (curses by the gods) or magic, lol

its not like anime where you can train to punch through mountains for no apparent reason other than it being cool, magic being the root of everything odd keeps it realistic to the lore

5 Likes

wait did he create it while he was getting murdered?
still confused on that part

i assume you’re referencing the 3-year-out-of-date lost/ancient magics card, no not all lost/ancient magics are fire reskins and a lot of them are just heat based with unique aspects, there are lots of non heat-based ones planned that will be used by characters obviously

2 Likes

1 Like

its not a plot hole you just don’t understand the lore

1 Like

so arthur forced prometheus to create the curses
would he not just take the grand fire curses? why did he only take 4 if he could just force prometheus to create them in front of him for easy access

i guess a shitton of non mages are gonna be depressed knowing they can never be the most powerful

Cursebeard is absolutely higher than top 10 strongest, i don’t know who you would rank above him unless you’re referencing the scrapped “11 unknowns” idea

1 Like

just read the lore doc bro im not going to keep posting pictures of it

2 Likes

on it rn, not sure it answers my question

Shit sucks, but what can ya do?

assuming you’re talking about gameplay and not lore, everyone at endgame will be the same power since the player character in lore is a savant anyway, itd be pretty dumb if at level 300+ mage is just twice as strong as the other builds

4 Likes