⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Iron Leg, Lady Carina, Visual Improvements, and More!

Navigator
2022-11-13T23:45:00Z
Written by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird
Sound Magic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Sound Magic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Undefeatable
Composed by Tomoya Ohtani

The Hook!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ The Hook! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Hey, this is Cryonical :wave:. Welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed! For the 5,219,062th time in a row, I have gone entirely off schedule with this newspaper and am releasing it, I believe, 9 days apart from the last one. Not acceptable :triumph:! Anyways, due to this procrastination, this anchor will take a few hundred years to scroll through, so my apologies. Let’s begin :point_down:!

First, we’ve got some brand new updates on Gunpowder Barrels :boom:! Their explosions deal 500 damage each to players, ships, and NPCs along with the charred status effect, which is definitely a lot :eyes:! Of course, it counts as the damage of the person who lit it so they can’t bypass the pvp requirement. We know it’ll still deal damage to yourself if you ignite it while being too close because of this:

Definitely a pretty humorous way to end your subscription to life :joy_cat:! It’s also been confirmed that attacks are what ignite them, and we’ve been given some examples: Everything that can fracture terrain, bullets, ship rams, and more. Not only this, but they’ll also blow up if dropped from a large height, or if a ship runs into a floating ones. This means not only can you bomb people from a skyship, but you can use them as landmines as well :frhigh:!

Some details on their selling worth have been given, too :mariomug:. They sell for 25 galleons each to shipwrights not on the island you found the barrel at, and I believe that they also increase in value the further you sell the barrel from where you found it, like cargo. Watch out for those skyships, of course :cloud:! 4 new stats have been added too regarding them, and a new hint :bulb:.

The last changes for this version are fairly minor. Ledge climbing has had an improvement to its animation and sound effects. Part 78 of the story has been added, “Into Hiding”, which raises the level cap to 92 :chart_with_upwards_trend:. Magic clouds have been optimized once again, which is indeed a welcome change.

Don’t be deceived by the small size of v1.10.3, as it adds quite a lot! First, we have a revamp to how story parts are organized; they’re now organized into chapters, which display in the story info UI along with that part and the date it takes place :face_with_monocle:. Cool stuff! Another quality of life UI change comes in the form of bulk purchasing :poggers2:! When selecting an item in a shop with a stock over 10, you can select the amount you want to buy, which is pretty huge!

Some improvements to the ocean have been put together, too :ocean:. Rough seas spawn more reliably, have improved visuals, are generally larger when in the open sea, and have a higher cap for how many of them can spawn, meaning you might see them a bit more. NPC ships also don’t pathfind around them since it makes the places they can travel very limited :nod:. Sea foam has been added as well, which makes its debut around the edges of islands, and also trailing behind moving ships! Definitely makes the sea look just that bit better :ok_hand:.

Starting with some changes to health :heart:! The health you get from each level has been reduced from 8 to 7. To make up for this, each point of Vitality will upper your health by 4. Additionally, the defense that all gear gives has been increased by 50% (Doesn’t affect enchantments). This makes optional choices like investing in vitality and defense a bit more viable and perhaps even worthwhile :thinking:.

A few interesting developments are showing themselves in this version too. NPCs can now auto-climb ledges, similarly to players. This definitely makes it easier for them to navigate islands and makes it much more difficult to cheese them :cheese:.

For the first time in a while, a new fighting style is being worked on! It’s a very interesting one called iron leg :mechanical_leg:, focusing on making your leg so hard it gains a metal coating through subconscious magic. It focuses on slow, strong hits. It replaces Crane Style :saluting_face:, as shown in the Fighting Styles card where this info is coming from.

As if this wasn’t exciting enough news, a brand new boss is being worked on, Lady Carina. She’s the first boss in Ravenna, and the wording of it makes it seem like there’s more to come :eyes:! We don’t know much about her, besides her boss drop card section. These drops sound pretty interesting, so take what you will from it :nod:.

Next up, a very tiny version, which I’ll group 1.10.6 in with. Thunderstorms are now less common, and more progress has been made on the concepts introduced in the last version :+1:.

Both Lady Carina boss fight and the Iron Leg style are complete :poggers2:! A big W for development, definitely. It also seems like the next story part will be where we fight them, seeing that they’ll be fightable there according to this patch note.

Parts 79 and 80, Earthquake and The Sister, can be completed, which raises the maximum level to 93 :chart_with_upwards_trend:. To go along with Iron Leg’s competition, it’s been given 10 unique animations :film_strip:! The mentor for the style is noted to be on Harvest island as well :mariomug:.

Here’s our last version to cover for this anchor :pray:! It’s definitely quite focused on visuals, but let’s start with the things that don’t fit in that category.

Iris’s Vermillion Bracelet now has a 1 in 7 drop rate instead of a 1 in 15 to make getting it a bit easier for players, especially at this part of the game where it’ll be extra helpful :ok_hand:. Speaking of NPCs, NPC bounty hunting now works differently in terms of the renown it gives or takes. Instead of this happening at a minimum of 2.5k, it’ll be 2.5% of the NPC’s renown, since this would cause very low level NPCs to give or take just as much renown as level 120 ones :fr:.

Next, we have visual improvements for the textures of the cannon aiming preview, the ocean color for certain skies, tree bark, palm bark, certain materials in the Myriad, tropical bushes, sand, and snow :paintbrush:. On top of that, some visual things have been added, such as smoke effects for cannons after firing, and even an animated flag at the top of your ship. It’ll adapt your clan color, and if you’re not in one, will be black if you have bounty or your primary sail color if you have fame. Some great changes for sure :+1:!

Next, we’ll look at some things on the Inspiration and Credits card, since it seems that several forumers have found some intriguing information it has to offer about the game :nod:.

First, the Order’s full name has been revealed, the Order of Aesir :eye:. A pretty interesting name if I do say so myself!

The second thing on this card that’s relevant here is a sneak peek on some future features… stranded sailors, stranded adventurers, and fleets :mag:. Even i’m not sure what exactly these are, so it’ll be interesting to see their implementation!

That’s all for today’s anchor of The Odyssey Feed. Peace out :v:!

On Topic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎On Topic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Give me your roblox avatar and i will rate them
Posted by @CrimsonCreate

Ever wanted an internet stranger to rate your absolutely horrendous visual representation of yourself on a lego game? If you say yes, you’re just like me :handshake:! That’s a pretty bad thing, but I personally think it’s pretty fun to share opinions. Not only this, but they might make a tier list as well. Eve- ok, I’ll stop :mariomug:.

Arcane Art!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Arcane Art! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Opaline Light
Created by @Fiter120

Fiter and their amazing art is back, starting with Opaline Light :poggers2:! Yellow Light just wasn’t good enough for them, so they took it a step further and decided to give this rather drippy OC an aether-like magic, which does certainly look like an opal :face_with_monocle:. Mixed with the great color scheme, background, and character appearance, it’s quite a sight to behold :eyes:! Great job on this one, Fiter.

Writing Wizardry!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ Writing Wizardry! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

Katastrof Blood - Chapter 28: Hunter
Written by @Zeil

Before us is another ghastly installment of Katastrof Blood, written by Zeil. Pyrei is as troubled as ever by fleshy amalgamations and mental assault from some quite enigmatic sources. Is everything real, or is it all a dream :face_with_raised_eyebrow:? That’s the question one would ask in her situation. Can she fight back, or will she finally submit to the endless waves of calamity :boom:?

The Chart!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ The Chart! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @Maple! Congratulations for being the first to crack it! The answer was… ”Waltz of Death”!

You Open The Scroll…

“Cannon Fist Mentor Location”

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

Resources!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Resources! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎

Thanks for reading!
Kaboom.
22 Likes

palo town

There we are!

I guess Sanji cosplayers in AO are not going for iron leg

1 Like

I didn’t know that there were over 5,219,062 anchors. It’s also worrying that the anchor takes a few hundred years to scroll through, since the game is scheduled to release in a month and a half.

I think it’s just meant to be crane style with more features than just only using your legs and a different name.

Maybe we’ll have to get through a few minibosses to get to the final boss room.

I wonder why that story part is named that.

I just looked it up, and apparently Aesir is the name of the pantheon in Norse Mythology that includes Thor, Odin, Frigg, Loki and Baldr.

When you put it like that it does sound kind of absurd.

Best newspaper article on the internet as always.

1 Like

a bit intense music choice for a newspaper but good music none the less

1 Like

W feed as always

1 Like

1 Like

"Riddler not even trying at this point :sob: "

1 Like

Fr fr. Expect some more frontiers music over the next few anchors. Usually I won’t do music with vocals like this, though :mariomug:!

1 Like

Awesome feed!

1 Like

OH YEES NEW ODYSSEY FOOD FUCK YEEEEEEEES :LETSFUCKINGGOOO: :drooling_face:

1 Like

Banger feed as always cryonical from the Arcane Odyssey forums :pray:

sir are you on meds

anyways good job as always @Cryonical

1 Like

Have you seen his post history his entire forums presence is the definition of being on 20 Benadryls :moyai:

1 Like

no I haven’t lmao

I am intrigued however

brb gonna read someone’s post history

wish me luck boutta be traumatized

honestly quite incredible.

3 Likes

Holy shit @seafoam has achieved user4’s dream of becoming real ingame :open_mouth:

1 Like

Make sure not to read their profile description.

user4 malding fr

can’t believe they added seafoam to the game

what’s next? sandals?

1 Like