⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Diving Back In!

Navigator
2023-04-02T03:58:00Z
Written by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird
Sound Magic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Sound Magic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

King Calvus Theme
Arcane Odyssey OST

The Hook!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ The Hook! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Hey, this is Cryonical :wave:. Welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed! As you probably know, Arcane Odyssey has released! It’s been a good month or so since it’s released, though it feels quite a bit longer than that :thinking:. Now that the next major content update has started, Vetex has taken some good time off, and I myself have gotten some good playtime. Thus, it’s time to start back up Odyssey Feed… despite my impressive procrastination :skull:.

The first thing we have to look at today are Diving Points :ocean: (They were renamed from Diving Spots to Diving Points later on)! I’ll let you look through versions 1.11.18 and 1.11.19, and then I’ll summarize them.

The first thing we’ll talk about is some improvements, generally, to the underwater experience :poggers2:. Swimming directions have been improved, underwater visuals have been adjusted, and there is now an ambiance track for when the player is deep underwater :eyes:! You can also hold your breath for 2 times as long now :bubbles:! These things will both greatly improve the player’s experience when actually going diving for these diving spots!

What for diving points themselves? These are small structures, 60 spawned at the start of a server, and elevated off the ocean floor by terrain at varying heights. To find them, just look underwater, or sail to find slightly foamy areas in the water. They come in many different shapes :nod:; most of these made by Vetex and some builders.

They can have up to 8 chests and 3 sealed chest in each, in which the chests and sealed chests (which cannot include food chests) will all respawn :moneybag:; chests after their normal time, and sealed chests after 15 minutes, so other people can also visit them. Diving points also have seaweed, damaging urchins that deal poison, and hostile jellyfish which can damage and paralyze you :zap:.

There’s also a few hints about diving points, and depending on their depth, can give between 20% and 100% of an exp bar :v:! Soon, there will be potion reagent spawns in both diving points, and the next thing on our list, which is Diving Structures :frhigh:!

Diving structures are much larger than diving points, and are also more detailed… and special :sparkles:! They have many more chests and preset sharks spawns, where sharks will respawn after being killed in 10 minutes, much to the dismay of anybody diving down there at the 9 minute mark. 20 diving structures generate at the beginning of each server, which have their own randomized names, shown on the top of your screen when entering them :face_with_monocle:.

Besides having a lot more loot and style, diving structures don’t have that seafoam indication :boom:. Instead, you can get “Sea Charts” from sailor chests occasionally! Like treasure charts, these have flavor text regarding their whereabouts and the writer of the chart, but instead of directions, have a button that directly copies the marker of where the diving structure is on your map. Though I’d personally rather have Sea Charts give directions relative to islands :thinking:, these markers also serve another purpose.

Hovering over a marker will show the name, depth, and total chests in that area, for some further convenience. If you have actually went to that diving structure as the chart shows, it will be “discovered” :mag:. When hovering over a discovered Diving Structure, a bar will show with the percentage of the Diving Structures in that server that you have explored so far. If this bar reaches 100%, and you’ve looted all of them, you will receive a badge called “Bronze Sea Diver”, which is shown below :poggers2:! Of course, you will have to do all this in a single server, as diving structures, like diving points, are per-server :nod:. Quite a cool achievement for sure!

It’s been noted that soon, Reagant spawns will be added to diving points & structures both, which are potion ingredients. I don’t remember if reagants are the ones that decide the potion type or if they’re the ones that give it it’s strength, I don’t remember :skull:… it’s one of those, though, I’m sure. In fact, on the trello, everything for this update and the next updates has been noted in the to-do card… which is no longer at 100% :sleeper:. Hehehe. Seriously, though, take a look :eye:!

As you can see, there’s lots of things here that will be coming soon to Arcane Odyssey :face_with_raised_eyebrow:: Potions, a new Ravenna fort named Fort Castrum, new ship types, and more! The development train never ends :train:! And something you might have noticed on the latest trello version is that a new event is being worked on, something we haven’t seen since the 2020 (?) halloween event in World of Magic. And it’s almost certainly going to be an easter event, so we’ll definitely be having some fun here :egg:.

Last but not least, if this summary of diving points in specific wasn’t good enough (Which, let’s be real, was definitely not :fr:), Selectorch actually uploaded a pretty great video in which he actually included some gameplay footage showing off both a diving spot and the new underwater visuals :mariomug:! So, definitely, take a look!

Oh, uh, actually last, arcane odyssey is being deleted. Just kidding! Happy april fools! I totally got you guys with that one. Guys! Guys…?

On Topic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎On Topic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

AO Drip Check
Posted by @JDFP

I mean, this was the only logical choice. Now that Arcane Odyssey has released with 2.8 billion new items for your character to wear, it’s drip or drown :ocean:. So, instead of drowning, how about you post your character’s drip on this post (unless you’re lazy like me :fr:)? If that doesn’t suit you, just scroll through the thread to see other people’s super cool characters! There’s certainly a lot of creativity among this community, so take a look :eyes:!

Arcane Art!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Arcane Art! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

General argos!
Created by @Kam_i

This is some of the most insane art I’ve ever seen. Kam_i completely outdid themselves with this one, creating a unique black and white ink/pencil-style and incredibly well shaded and portrayed image of General Argos. There’s two frames; one showing his full body armor, and another showing his overly menacing red eye. I think we could have all guessed I would choose this one, and for good reason! The detail is incredible, and it invokes some true emotion.

Writing Wizardry!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ Writing Wizardry! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

The Worst Sailor of the War Seas
Written by @wildecat2005

With the release of Arcane Odyssey comes many new community members… and with new community members comes new writers :poggers2:. Now, you may be trying to become the best sailor on the seas, but what if we take a look at the worst? Their captain is totally incompetent, the crew is miserable, and the merchant is abusing the crew for their personal gain :skull:. This much of a mess is certainly something you’d not see in game, but writing is a whole different world!

The Chart!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ The Chart! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

Last anchor’s riddle was solved by @AwesomeOS! Congratulations for being the first to crack it! The answer was… ”Hidden Tavern”!

You Open The Scroll…

“KeepDestructor”

First to comment the answer below will get a shoutout next anchor!

Resources!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Resources! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎

Thanks for reading!
It’s truly been an, uh, arcane odyssey.
32 Likes

chaos

almost just dropped nero’s curse

1 Like

Yooo I spotted this before it got like 15000 views lets go!

WHAT NEW SEASONAL EVENT. I always wanted the have a headless or smthing. Time to sweat ( with like 30 mins of screen time heh.)

you kinda copy pasted the same image twice there

Yoo new Odyssey Feed dropped :partying_face: W feed as always

I just hope potions are soon

I NEED that tier 5 perfect agility elixer

VV feed

Oh cool I got mentioned in the Odyssey Feed!

Hi @Cryonical !

prev feed about new books is fire
And this feed is even more fire

happy april!

The legend returns :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

Oops! Fixed.

The legendary Odyssey Feed has returned! All hail King Cryonical!

Now I will be able to actually finish the Sailor Style quest.

I am going to speedrun bronze sea diver.

I only have to find 20 unique scrolls and brew the neccessary potions to explore the locations, surely it won’t be TOO hard.

NEVIRO NOOOOOO (he lived)
Gonna be honest, I forgot who he was until I read him mention Cirrus island (I think he did)

Though I’d personally rather have Sea Charts give directions relative to islands :thinking:,

Listen here you little…

Anyways, happy to see that the feed is getting continued. Big W

Sus
Really now?

LOL typos galore.

1 Like

you didnt mention the iced tea crafting building…