⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Some Notable Information!

Explore More Anchors:

wheel

Created by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird!

Friday, July 1, 2022 (US)

:headphones:

Sound Magic!

Aria Economy

Composed by C418

:scroll:

The Hook!

Hey again, this is Cryonical! You’ll never guess what we’ll be doing today… looking at new Arcane Odyssey sneak peeks :eyes:! And the first thing is VERY exciting…

Introducing the Notebook tool :poggers2: You can acquire this marvelous addition to the game through either chests or merchant ships in the future, which we already knew were coming :nod:. I also appreciate the “:joy_cat:” at the end of v1.9.88.

Well, what do you do, they ask :thinking:? Every 10 minutes, this tool can be used to place a note where you’re standing, which will appear on every server! It appears like a piece of paper when placed, but if you’re on sand when placing it, your note will be in a bottle instead :mariomug:! There are a few, limitations though:

• Cannot be placed too close to NPCs (Wonder why :fr:)
  • Can’t be placed underwater, on the water surface, or in the air
  • Needs solid ground
  • Can’t be placed inside parts without collisions, like bushes.
  • Can’t be placed more than 30 studs of another note.
  • There is a note quantity limit for each island until no more can be placed there.

Pressing E lets you read the note :book:. While notes everywhere may seem like an annoyance, not only is there a setting to hide notes, but if you choose not to utilize this, there are the above restrictions plus the fact that notes and their prompts are hidden during cutscenes, and the “Press E” prompt is also described as “non-intrusive” :nod:.

Of course though, the note can’t last forever. It has a base time of 30 minutes before it disappears on every server :hourglass:. However, this can be changed: There is an upvote and downvote system where you can approve or disapprove of a certain note :chart_with_upwards_trend::chart_with_downwards_trend:. Approving will add two minutes to the clock before it vanishes for good, and disapproving will do the opposite. On the UI, Like and Dislike are referred to as Approval and Disparage. Very fancy :face_with_monocle:!

Fortunately, this note can’t be simply anything, as that would spell catastrophe, and the universe would immediately explode :boom:. There are instead a premade list of phrases and words.

It’s also been noted (:joy:) that this system is similar to the note system found in Elden Ring. Here’s a strange example. Don’t try this at home, kids :sleeper:!

Do not 'Try Jumping': a beginner's reference to Elden Ring messages |  Wannaplay News

That’s all for this anchor. Cya later! :wave:

:popcorn:

On Topic!

What boat you gonna use?

Posted by @sock

While we’re all talking about builds, bosses, and notes, let’s take a second to backtrack to a surprisingly customizable feature, which so happens to be the main form of transport, as well: Boats :sailboat:! With so many different equips to use, will you specialize in speed, strength, or maybe a rounded out boat? What cannons and lanterns will you equip? And what type of ship are you looking at out of the huge list on the trello :thinking:?

:art:

Arcane Art!

AA Webcomic - Chapter 30 Part 4

Created by @LittleShrekSheep

Rupin’s crew grows restless as their pursuers finally catch up with them :mariomug:. And with tensions growing on the crew, will they be able to defeat Trigno? And who are the “bounty hunters” accompanying them? No matter though, as there’s already an explosive surprise in store for the opposition :boom:… And with the main battle swiftly approaching, there’s no time to count sheep!

:pencil2:

Writing Wizardry!

Horror in Redwake

Written by @StarForDays

In an adventure featuring obscene blood alcohol content, talking octopuses, and looking at the sky just because, StarForDays is jumping on the Writing Prompt with a wacky story taking place in Arcane Odyssey :poggers2:! Apollo has seen no shortage of strange things in this very realistic take on the game :eyes:, and this

:mag:

The Chart!

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @Divanochi! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Dawn Island”!

You open the chart, and it reads…

The previous place of awakening.

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed

The Odyssey Feed Discord Server

Arcane Odyssey Trello

The Arcane Lily

Thanks for reading!

I am currently the No. 1 public enemy because of the title of this anchor.

12 Likes

newground island?

1 Like

There you are :nod:

I truly wonder…

1 Like

Tis a mystery that will never be solved :frpensive:.

thanks for putting my topic in the feed again, didn’t think i’d make it twice

1 Like

Were you in the last anchor’s off topic? I thought I checked and you weren’t

Edit: Just checked again, ur good :+1:

i think it was like 5 anchors ago or something

1 Like

Yeah, it was 3 ago.

ha ha i get the title
ha ha you are now one of my No. 1 public enemies

1 Like

:dread:

W feed as always

2 Likes

Fort talos boss taking so long even vetex is getting bored :skull:

1 Like

Not for long

(took me like 10 minutes to find this in my memes folder)

1 Like

Bro my art never being added :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

I’ve said several times it needs to be in the #art category. You certainly have what it takes to apply for artist, do you not?

Okay i guess I’ll try

1 Like

You don’t have anything to lose by applying. :mariomug:

You mind sending link to group?

1 Like

There’s a link to it within this topic, as well as everything else you need to know.