⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ The Name of the Game!

Explore More Anchors:

wheel

Created by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird!

Thursday, July 21, 2022 (US)

:headphones:

Sound Magic!

Howling

Composed by Lupus Nocte

:scroll:

The Hook!

Hey, this is Cryonical :wave:! Welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed! We’re going to dive right in, no delay.

First of all, as we can see, higher tiers of co-captains, specifically Adept tier and beyond :boom:, will notify you when an island takes the offensive to your ship. We know that Fort Talos shoots their cannons at any surrounding ships, including yours, so we’ll be seeing some of this :nod:.

Second, we have some slightly more minor changes :point_right:. Aura Spell Activation audio has been increased in volume, bleeding effects, particles, and puddles have all received a revamp, and there’s been an optimization in client :eyes:.

Last for this patch note, we have the start of the revamp for Magma Magic :poggers2:! Can’t wait for release, as always, so we can all see how these look.

Moving, on we have something quite exciting:

That’s right… When asked within the Vetex Games general, Vetex promptly handed out a list of every first and last name in Arcane Odyssey :fire:! People have been looking through this list, seeing how many characters they can cosplay as and seeing if their favorite names are on the list :v:. Take a look yourself to see if any of them fit your fancy! Just press “expand” to see the full list on all of them.

In case browser discord is blocked for you, here’s a google drive with them all:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HRvOQFMAWsIFiNguBfklhLNxyN9-P96p

Next, we’re up with an absolutely monstrous sized version :worried::

Here we go, on with the first change! You now spawn in the Djin ruins during certain parts of the Cirrus Island stories to avoid going back after dying. We’ve heard of this island before, and I’m assuming it’s where we fight the sky boss :thinking: (based on the fact we’re expected to die).

Second is something we haven’t heard about in a while… arcanium cannons :nod:! More specifically, their effects have been improved, possibly to match how good the magics are looking :muscle:. More on that in a bit.

Pirate NPCs under level 30 can no longer use weapon skills, for balancing reasons :mag:.

I’ll sum up the next few changes really fast: The magma magic revamp has been completed, with all spells, casting visuals, charging, puddles, status effect overlay, etc receiving a makeover :ok_hand:. There were also a few non-visual changes: Magma Magic’s destruction has been buffed from 0.7x to 0.9x :boom:, and tiny magma droplets no longer make microscopic obsidian platforms… didn’t know that even used to happen!

Next up, something quite interesting: NPCs now have an “exhaustion” system :zzz:, which makes it so the NPC spams a low cooldown spell, the cooldown for that spell will increase, forcing them to use a different spell. This is a great change in my opinion and makes for some more variety when fighting those pirates!

After this, there have been breakable wall secrets added to six different islands! I love to see it… also makes that note that we saw in that one leak accurate :v:.

Next up, an awesome change: Cargo and sealed chests can now be placed on the ocean, where they float there, despawning if they haven’t been interacted with in a while as usual. The reason this is such a great change is that while carrying either of these, you cannot climb or use anything in your hotbar :thinking:. Therefore if you fell in the ocean in this state, you would basically be screwed unless there was a ship or a slope leading up to an island, if there was one nearby. This led to some pretty awkward situations where you just had to reset :frcryin:.

Moving on, bosses can no longer be damaged before they aggro on you :boom:. It’s self explanatory and blocks you from getting in an early cheap shot.

In the very last change for this humongous version, we have a small change to the Order UI. When hovering over and clicking a member you have no clues about, it will now notify you that you have no clues instead of it being blank :nod:.

Now that that’s out of the way, remember the visual improvements to arcanium cannons, and how I said we would see something about that? Well, here it is.

This lovely image was posted by vetex in general chat, and quickly spread across the community :dash:. These are fire arcanium cannons using grapeshots, as confirmed by Vetex, and they look fantastic! I love the wings surrounding the cannons as they fire, along with the cannonballs themselves… definitely a huge improvement :ok_hand:

Not only this, but we can also see the new crew which was shown on the trello so long ago :eyes:! Simply take a look at the ship.

Next up, here’s a few things Vetex said in general when questioned:

Here, we can see the way to obtain arcanium weapons: Making them out of almost any other weapon! I’m assuming, based on previous ideas on the world of magic trello, that you’ll be fusing Arcanium Alloy into the weapon of your choice :poggers2:.

And here, we can see Vetex clearing up some things that could have been a bit confusing on the trello. It’s confirmed that weapons imbued with magic (Can be made by conjurers), have their weapon skills imbued with magic. This changes their stats and damage and will also give the magic’s status effect! And arcanium weapons are able to cast spells with modified stats… definitely not as clear there. Though these are pretty obvious, it’s nice to know :+1:.

Finally, something really noteworthy: An estimate of release by Vetex on twitter. Though he already gave us the “end of the year”, he came out and said it could be between December 25 and January 15th :eye:. This is by far the most concrete sounding information we’ve gotten yet on the release date of the game. Can’t wait :fire:!

Next up, a quite immersive feature formerly on the “Adjustments” category has been implemented, this being killable crewmates :headstone:!

Crewmates and co-captains will now have health depending on their tiers :thinking:! They will occasionally take damage when your ship does. Co-captains can’t die because some of them are important :eyes:, but crewmates can, which will be reacted to by a special message from the co-captain. This is visual though, and the functionality of the crew remains the same :mag:. They’ll all respawn if the ship is re-docked.

Next:

The first things we can see here are related to the magic revamp: It seems magma wasn’t completely done after all, as it’s lights and light color have received an improvement :bulb:. And with that, we’re moving onto Wood Magic, which surely will receive some great improvements :pray:!

And now, we have some changes which will hopefully satiate the people thinking a few particles will make their PCs spontaneously combust :boom:: The “Particle Emission” setting has been changed to “VFX Quality”, and will now make a bigger impact on particles, cutting their emission in half.

The game will also prompt you, in a tip found within the settings UI, to turn down your graphics if you have bad performance, since it ties to a lot of particles :nod:.

That’s all for this anchor… peace out :wave:!

:popcorn:

On Topic!

Reading Obscure Arcane Trellos: Magic

Posted by @HaiSedulous

With the recent removal of the lost and ancient magic list, have you ever wondered just how much some of those concepts saw the light of day? HaiSedulous writes a very long paper (I read the whole thing :frhigh:) with him analyzing the appearances of lost and ancient magics, using sources like the Arcanepedia to aid him. There’s a lot of nice visuals here, see if you can find your favorite magics!

:art:

Arcane Art!

Arcane Odyssey thumbnail concept art

Created by @wtrmeloon

After a few days of waiting for art to come out so I could release, it’s finally happened, and it’s a banger :explosion_magic_var1:. We take a look at another great AO thumbnail concept art of a character on a dock looking out at a humongous ship, which seems to be under attack. The lighting, shapes, and colors are absolutely spectacular in this one :ok_hand:!

:pencil2:

Writing Wizardry!

The Intruder

Written by @Yeowch

We have a new writer on the forums, and finally we have something besides BNT’s writing (Though it’s awesome, I do want some different writers :fr:). In Bell Village, Cedrick has been having some issues, especially that scratching sound under his bed. After bringing over a friend, they get a bit more than they bargained for… and both sides will take any chances to take what’s theirs :eyes:.

:mag:

The Chart!

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @ClashMaster273! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”42”!

You open the chart, and it reads…

The Age of Discovery

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed

The Odyssey Feed Discord Server

Arcane Odyssey Trello

The Arcane Lily

Thanks for reading!

Ice is the coolest magic.

15 Likes

the golden age of magic, Y1-Y227?

1 Like

Nope, maybe scroll down a bit

Magius?

1 Like

y600-y1051?

2 Likes

There you go!

1 Like

Denied, Ice is one of the collest Magics

1 Like

Light is the brightest
Glass is the clearest
Wood is the wood-est

3 Likes

>wind

1 Like

Correct in many forms

2 Likes

What do you think of snow?

Also YAY NEW ANCHOR!!!

1 Like

Snow is great as well. :ok_hand:

Cause snow is literally just tiny ice crystals.

1 Like

Why am I always late. Also may I add, u said I can wait when the game date was estimated. When your already are playing it kinda

1 Like

Cryo is being sus.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: ‎ ‎

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.