⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Weapons & Wonderful Images!

Published by Fang Percy.

This issue of Odyssey Feed was published on April 26, 2021. (US).

:headphones:

Music You Should Hear!

Lights, Camera, Action!
By Tee Lopes, Sonic Mania OST

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIWyZmFSep0&ab_channel=SonictheHedgehog

:scroll:

Trello News!

Welcome to another issue of The Odyssey Feed! Another day that passes, another day of the witnessing of Vetex’s Weapon Revamp! It might be quite similar to last time… And what a good thing that is! We’ll have the weapon revamp coming in with open arms. Let’s dive into this week’s news! :point_down:

There’s been quite a few changes on the trello! Let’s go over a few from v1.5.63.

Screenshot 2021-04-24 at 4.17.03 PM

First, and possibly most notably, slashing speed on sword-type weapons has been cut in half. This could be very annoying, but Vetex has a reason for everything he does. :nod:

We can see that hitboxes became better, and that swords have quite a different stun now, victims freezing for ⅓ of the sword’s slash speed. Quite an interesting change, but we’ll have to wait and see how it effects PvP, much like many other combat changes here.

There’s also screen shake for slashing an opponent and heavy slashes. I think it’ll make us feel quite powerful! :muscle:

And we’ll be taking a break from the trello for just a second, with some crazy videos and images. Let’s see this…

First, we got an amazing video from @Fluect, an Arcane Odyssey tester. He released this leak with permission from Vetex. Check it out here on this post by @Pox:

AO ship leak again

It’s a burning, sailing ship, with Redwake and several wilderness islands in the background. What intriguing media. :mariomug:

However, since of issues, Fluect said, boats can no longer catch fire like this in material terms :frpensive:. Here’s him better explaining it.

But not we have something bigger to show you. Apparently, Vetex posts leaks on his devforum, which i’ve never been on before. And several cool forumers posted some of these images on this thread:

Arcane odyssey overview

Now, Have some eye food, taken from there. :ok_hand:

ArcaneOdyssey1

ArcaneOdyssey2

ArcaneOdyssey3

ArcaneOdyssey4

In this series of images, we can see quite a lot of things. Dawn island, the beautiful lighting, Morden in a backside view, and a few aerial views of Redwake. We can see some of the paths and buildings dug into the main spire. What a cool place this will be to explore! Let’s get back to the Trello… :nod:

Next up, we had something that ended up being quite controversial. When an NPC or Player is killed by a weapon, their ragdoll can split in half, their limbs can be dismembered, or they can be decapitated.

What a cool touch! Definitely will add some extra power feels to weapons. However, there was a topic claiming it could have been quite gory, and the game could get moderated, or lose younger players. :thinking:

Vetex, this is too gory for Roblox

Individuals pointed out that Roblox characters fall apart when they die anyways, and that turning off blood will be a thing in possibly the short future. A reasonable worry, though.

The post also talked about the fact that dealing damage with melee weapons has a chance to splatter your character with your opponent’s blood. Another nice touch to make weapons feel more real. :mariomug:

To add onto this chain of great changes, weapons will do a clashing animation if you slash it into a wall. This is another nice change, Vetex! :poggers2: The idle animation was also tweaked.

What a great week for some weapon revamp changes! Our favorite developer is really going in the right direction here. :v: With this armada of new immersion, the game could get more players than ever before. But there’s one more thing…

Screenshot 2021-04-26 at 5.01.25 PM

What does it mean? I don’t know, but it must be important, as it’s only for individuals of the complete weapon path. But only time will tell.

:popcorn:

Topic You Should See!

“Lost/Primordial Magic Icons”
By @Ultra

Interesting Topic here, folks, in which Ultra showcases some convenient symbols for Primordial/Lost magics. Not all were included, and some might not be accurate, but it’s a cool thing to see what they might look like, just simply by recoloring existing base magic symbols!

For example, here’s Promethean fire. Check it out for yourself!

Link:
Lost/Primordial Magic Icons

:art:

Art of the Week!

CloudPartingStar

“Cloud Parting Star”
By @Fiter120

Fiter120, an excellent artist, has created this wonderful piece… It pictures a girl in blue robes, standing in a menacing pose, light crashing down from the skies, splitting the clouds (Hence the name). The art style is very unique, the background, person, and background are incredibly detailed. Lovely!

Link:
Cloud-Parting Star

:pencil2:

Writing of the Week!

“Seas of Wonder”
By @DRobinHood

In this lively poem, Robin describes the experiences of a wealthy pirate, setting out for adventure, and finding his own crew. His word choice sets a great tone, and the piece is put together very well. Nice job!

Link:
Seas of Wonder (Arcane April, day 23)

:mag:

Here’s a Puzzle For You…

Last time’s Riddle Solver is @ProjectHR1! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Lush Caves”!

This Issue’s Riddle is…

”An Exotic Pet.”

S____

First to message or ping me with the answer will get a shoutout next time I publish!

Thanks for reading this Anchor of… The Odyssey Feed!

12 Likes

I was being sarcastic here because I was trying to say that I would have been committing tester suicide if I released the clip without permission

1 Like

Oh. Thanks for the info, my idiotic self picks up on nothing.

That’s not all discussed in that thread…

Cough Rancid piss Cough

snake

COUGH COUGH

Yes. Now save your writing until after next issue, since I’m not allowed now to ping someone twice by my own rules.

how about

no

Excellent issue as usual, keep up the good work! :nod:

Goodnight guys

Good Night :wave:

Alright.

Thank you so much! :heart:

1 Like

now ping me twice :hehe:

There’s been so much necrobumping lately, it’s substantially more difficult to find a good recent piece of writing, art, or something for the “Topic you should see” section. There’s no way to know how long back the topic was made without clicking on it, wasting my time.

I hope people understand, it’s getting on my nerves.

This is so easy, it’s obviously a Saber Tooth Tiger

1 Like

Indubitably.

this is cool

im gonna start writing the story, but unlike normal WoF its more silly and a lot more sarcastic and dark rather than actiony i guess.