⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Fighting Styles, Dark Sea Prep, Mimhere Island, and MORE!

Explore More Anchors:

wheel

Created by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird!

Monday, August 22, 2022 (US)

:headphones:

Sound Magic!

Mushrooms

Composed by Scott Lloyd Shelly

:scroll:

The Hook!

Welcome to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed! Today, we have a lot of new leaks and some exciting news :eyes:. Let’s begin with a new post in development updates :poggers2:

This is super neat :flushed:! Not only does it give us a view of a lot of cool characters you can make (And gives us a new Vetex eyebrow raise emoji :mariomug:), but most obviously it’s a look at the leaderboards and related UI, how bounty posters look in your hand, and Mimhere’s very large bounty. And because of this, it’s tinted towards their magic :fire:! Wonder what it is…

An incredible development update! We’re going to move onto v1.9.138 :point_down:!

First, as we can see there’s now a quite strange statistic for clans :thinking:. It gathers the renown information of all members in the clan, takes the average, and places it in the hover-over Clan UI on the leaderboard. You can also see the renown of any clan member in the “Members” tab of the Clan UI.

Second, we have some changes to imprisonment. Good reputation players are no longer imprisoned, which I find interesting. Perhaps there’s some point to it in balancing :mag:. Additionally, you can’t hunt players which are imprisoned, and if your target gets imprisoned, your target will reset along with a notification. Both of these changes make it so you can’t just bounty hunt defenseless players in prison :nod:.

Lastly for this version, we have a few visual changes :eye:. First, some of the boss skills have seen an improvement, since there’s a lot of unique ones that wouldn’t be up-to-date in terms of the other weapon visuals. On top of that, the sliders in the spell creation and setting UIs are looking better than ever :ok_hand:!

Let’s take a look at a few images :eyes::

As you can see, this is the message sent in the server chat when a player is imprisoned with over 50,000 bounty. I do like that orange text :face_with_monocle:.

This is a super cold image of a sunset/sunrise, a nice looking boat, and the open sea. You can also see an island in the distance… not sure what it is though :fr:. Images like this are super welcome :pray:!

Now, welcome to one of the most exciting versions ever!

It starts off fairly average with a nice change, that being rough seas spawn 40% more often! I didn’t see them too often before, so it’s nice that they’re being given some more area :+1:.

Second is another change to the sea. Whirlpools, lost cargo, clouds, rough seas, and NPC ships won’t spawn outside the boundaries of the Bronze Sea anymore :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. It’s said that this is because the Dark Sea will use different mechanics :gear:. This is (I think) the first mention of the Dark Sea on the patch notes, so it’s pretty exciting. Do you think the Dark Sea is coming soon :eyes:?

Next, we have a change to just whirlpools. They’ll now be larger the closer they are to the edge of the sea, which is intriguing :mariomug:. Maybe something to do with the ocean floor or magic pollution?

Lastly for this version, we finally have the beginning of fighting styles :poggers2:! It’s been 48 years, and it was worth the wait! Can’t wait for more patch notes so we can get some more information on their functionality :pray:! Additionally, a ton of bugs that have been around for a while have been fixed. Things are looking up… and on! To version 1.9.140 :dash:!

First up, the ocean around Akursius does not reflect the area’s lighting, which we’ve seen to be a spooky red color. I’m definitely up for Akursius to get a tad scarier :mariomug:!

Second, we have a new animation when you’re getting knocked back :boom:! We don’t know anything about what it looks like, but it seems Vetex has some mixed opinions as he states he doesn’t know if he’ll keep it.

Next, whirlpools are twice as hard to escape using a ship. I can confirm that definitely many times I had been able to sail directly out of whirlpools with relative ease. Other times, not as much :sleeper:. Interesting change!

And with all the visual revamps happening, it makes sense for the many Insanity effects to get a rework as well, so that’s what’s happened :nod:!

And last for this version, we now have some more information about fighting styles :punch:! Similarly to magic, fighting styles have their own UI called “Strength” in the Info UI. It shows the fighting styles you currently have, and every player spawns with Basic Combat :muscle:.

Just like Magic and equipped Weapons, the tool for your styles will appear in your hotbar. It’ll, on default, be after magic and before weapons :thinking:. We already knew most of this stuff, but nice to see it being added :pray:.

But there’s one last thing posted by Vetex in general that makes everything else we’ve seen today look boring in comparison.

Mimhere Island…

IS RRREEEEAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!

:popcorn:

On Topic!

What’re you excited to see upon AO’s release?

Posted by @Kurumai

With AO just around the corner (kind of :fr:), there’s a lot to be excited about. Arcane Odyssey has a lot of content, and i’m excited to experience it all with you guys and my friends once the game drops! But what in specific are you excited about :thinking:? For me, definitely the levels of customization, being able to replicate my OCs, and also being able to share some funny test realm pictures and videos I have on my PC :boom:.

:art:

Arcane Art!

Random AO Design ANIMATION

Created by @Lamar

In this epic art topic, Lamar creates a very well-designed Arcane Odyssey logo with creative aspects :fire:! The logo is covered with different elemental circles, along with a vine. It also bobs up and down, flips, goes in and out, and does all this with a wonderful moving background of purple and blue hues. It’s vibe is finished with animated particles. Super good job :ok_hand:!

:pencil2:

Writing Wizardry!

The Ruins of Charon Pt. 3

Written by @Shellseawing

Xavier and Morden delve deeper and deeper into the dark sea, with danger looming on the horizon. Ghost ships, specters, sharks, and storms are all threats they’ll have to face together. But what can they really trust in this magic polluted dead zone :eye:? And after arriving at the Bronze Sea, Morden heads off and Xavier begins to fulfill his goals. And the first of them is bound to get hectic :boom:!

:mag:

The Chart!

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @sock! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”7”!

You open the chart, and it reads…

ThingyyFame

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed Topic

The Odyssey Feed Discord Server

The Odyssey Feed Master Document

Arcane Odyssey Trello

The Arcane Lily

Thanks for reading!

Mimhere Island is REAL!!

27 Likes

W feed as always

1 Like

Got it!

1 Like

I like this. I was mentioned again. Part 4 will be out ether tomorrow or today.

1 Like

It’s REALLL.

1 Like

Freedrockpain IT’S REAAAAL!!!

1 Like

nah its fake its a lie by the vetex government

3 Likes

You are about to be “shut up random”'ed for that

1 Like

i made 2 repliest so now im not random

1 Like

ITS REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

LEAN ISLAND!!!

1 Like

One more leak I didn’t see and I’m gonna shit myself

1 Like

Mimhere island is real???
Tester confirmed???

Most important thing that picture gave us.

Another great read.

2 Likes

10/10 music choice :hungry:

1 Like

Hehe it was chosen by @Derp. You can submit music if you want in the Odyssey Feed Discord too! :nod:

Nope, Ezia Island > Mimhere Island

1 Like

That’s what you think.

2 Likes

On Ezia Island there is Darkness, Equinox and Mind Magic Scrolls

1 Like

And on Mimhere island lies the Mim-Piece.

What’s that ?

1 Like

Cryo’s mutation into mako

2 Likes