Average Day in Magius: Story Simulation - The Prologue

Read this first -BNT

If you’ve heard about Lost Things (a story in the Average Day in Magius series), that story will be delayed due to my procrastination and being unable to write for now. To help with that, I’ll go with a more casual-paced(?) approach to the series’ introduction. Plus this story will serve as an introduction to The Storytellers; the characters who will carry the entire series’ lore.

If you don’t understand whatever I rambled about or are new to this series, welcome to ADIM hell! This story will include several sub-stories featuring different sets of characters around Magius, told by a certain group of characters called The Storytellers. It’s a totally light-hearted series! If you’ve been following this series, I’d still say this even if it sounds like a total lie.

As for this story, each part of a chapter will have at least one poll where you can control our protagonist’s fate. And yes, some parts may be written in the replies too! (But don’t worry about that, I’ll link to the replies in the main post.)

Each storyteller will tell different parts. Sometimes, they might answer your replies too! (And yes, this will sound like I’m roleplaying several characters.)

Finally, thanks for reading this entire section! And if you need a summary:

• Average Day in Magius will start from this sub-story first. Lost Things will be delayed for now.
  • A group of certain characters called The Storytellers will carry/tell this entire story and series.
  • There’ll be polls in each story part for the protagonist’s fate. Don’t forget to check my linked replies on the topic to view the entire chapter!
  • The storytellers (roleplayed and controlled by me) may reply to your replies instead of myself.

Ah, there you guys are.
Good day to you, our readers, and listeners!
And welcome to our little space for this journey, there’s you, your friends, my friends, and me.
The room’s big enough for all of us, and this story we’ll tell you.

Before we go in with our stories, let us sit down, and get comfortable for a bit.
This is a break from your day, after all.
It’s okay if you have any lingering concerns, sorrows, or problems.
We can rest for a bit here, in this hideout from the real world.

While we’re telling the stories, some of us storytellers may offer you some small gifts too.
As for mine, you might smell some sweet blossoms from another room.
But I won’t tell you what they are for now.
I’ll grab those things for you guys when they’re done brewing.

Now, allow me to ask you guys something.
How was your day?

… Ah, wait. I apologize for not introducing myself earlier.
It seems like I’ve skipped a step here.
Haha, how could I forget about this?

The name’s Valerie Flint, one of the storytellers here.
I know some of you may not be familiar with this surname, I came from a village in the southern of Magius after all.
People there like hunting and fighting, and they’re quite tough ones.
Can you guess where I came from?

Correct or incorrect, I’ll tell you that later.
Let’s start with our main activity here.

The thirteen storytellers, including myself, will bring you guys on a journey in Magius.
You might be familiar with this story’s direction.
The Minotaur and the Exiled, Aurielle Salore and Dacien, do those names ring any bells?
To us, they came from a lost and incomplete story.

Us storytellers have patched this story’s pieces together and turned them into this journey we’re going to have.
And now, let’s start with the basics of our main character.
We’ll deal with the rest of their details.

What will be their culture?
  • Alalean
  • Castlian
  • Vistarian
  • Savarian
  • Skylian
  • Doomyrian
  • Canopian
  • Snow Folk
  • Keihatsu
  • Alvarian
  • Old Sea Vikings
  • New Greek
  • Savyrian

0 voters

What will be their first magic?
  • Acid
  • Ash
  • Crystal
  • Earth
  • Explosion
  • Fire
  • Glass
  • Ice
  • Light
  • Lightning
  • Magma
  • Metal
  • Plasma
  • Poison
  • Sand
  • Shadow
  • Snow
  • Water
  • Wind
  • Wood

0 voters

What will be their alignment?
  • Hero
  • Villain

0 voters

And remember, you can follow your own directions.
You don’t have to follow the others’ decisions this time.
Remaining your true self may be hard, so all I would ask for is…
Pay attention to the voices inside yourself.
And think of them as something you have to take care of.

- Valerie F.

14 Likes

time to piss Val off

1 Like

Just make them the worst person in general: An anime Wood user who is a villain

1 Like

Oh hi. xd

1 Like

wait they might reply to US
i gotta somehow turn this into a roleplay

1 Like

This is insane. I can’t wait for the story to keep going!

1 Like

A horny wood magic villain gg ez

they turn into a tree that creates an entire continent and then they get burned to death

the legends of the story tellers? oh well there is noone better than a traveller when it comes to stories, this have lot of lore potential, keep it up

I always love stories about WoM ocs. I do that with my main character as of now. Alelean with magma and she’s a girl who was thrown out of her house for dumb reasoning (parents didn’t want another girl among 10, and she was a twin)

yeah
i tried that once it was cool
sadly the series is on hold for another project because i make too many but uhh yeah

not a storyteller’s response but man

god please break the ties

woops

And the story tellers are actually bots in Oblivion and you the traveller… Imagine.

There should be a part where there’s like a commercial-equivalent except without it being a tv thing or the storytellers say something like “this was brought to you by barion arms” unless they have some reason to tell us this for free

1 Like

Dammit, Val.

Anyways, the name’s Geovani Crest.
And I’m the second storyteller of this journey.

Since Valerie left with the character creation, we’ll see what kind of protagonist we’ve got here.

Hmm…
Oh.

A wood magic user from Doom Village, with the New Greek’s blood.
He’s also an aspiring hero with a bright future.
…Now that’s what I want to hear.

Well, let’s fill in the rest for our hero.
Some other storytellers have suggested their own ideas for this boy too.
So let’s get this done then.
Behold, our first character!

Rael Mills, the New Greek boy who was raised in Doom Village. He awakened his wood magic three months prior to this story, through his violent sense of justice. He’s tough as wood, and as piercing as its fragments. Even with the rumors of being a New Greek outcast, he didn’t bother about his real origin. The only thing that mattered is a bright future, for the small world he’s been living in.

He said he’s a one hundred percent Doomyrian, but his physique says otherwise. His Greek bloodline gave him light brown skin, black hair, brown and blue eyes, and a large build. As his size is greater than the average Doom villagers, he was stuck with his custom-made Doom tunic. As he started to fight the evils outside of his village, he started to wield a spiked Doom club too. With his strength, wielding a Doom club isn’t that much of a hard job.

At the moment Rael awakened his wood magic, he shot his hut down without any alerts. With the ability to cast magic without the use of circles, he was baffled by that incident. For all this time, he had been watching for the magic circle, so he wouldn’t accidentally attack anything for no real reason. After that incident, he started to go outside of the village more to train his magic without attacking the village, along with the bandit beating.

With his increasing bandit defeat rates and control over his magic, he had more opportunities to beat most of the weaker criminals. He started taking jobs from bounty hunters to justify his violent tendencies towards evil.

And recently, the name ‘Rael Mills’ started appearing more on Magius News, along with the criminal activity decline rate. At the first moment Rael saw himself in the news, he was relieved.

“Well, guess they’re still alive for their jails.”

With every mention of criminals being arrested on Rael’s part, he was reminded of how badly he crushed some of them. He can say for sure that he might’ve given some lethal attacks to criminals he’s defeated. But as long as the Magic Council credited him for defeating the villains, he’s good.

But no matter how much Rael had defeated, the crime rates were still growing as ever. After realizing that part, he started threatening the bandits and dark wizards for information about the increasing dark activity.

“Where’d you come from, huh?!”

And as you’d expect, he didn’t get any words out of the criminals, even if their lives depended on his spike club’s tip. Despite not having any verbal clues, he found a key to this dilemma from one of the bandit camps.

It was an order from the unknown.

Rael’s name, sketches, and fame were included in the order papers, along with the order to remain hidden until this unknown person is in the area. With that, he figured out what to do next with this piece of gold.

More bandit’s lives were threatened and blackmailed, just for Rael to gather the information of this unknown person. And finally, the unknown’s name was spoken by one of the bandits who were about to be crushed.

“…The Minotaur.”

Upon hearing the name, Rael put his spiked club away from the poor bandit and asked more questions.

“Who is he?”
     “How does that man look like?”
     “Where did you last see him?”

After pressuring the bandit to give him the answers, Rael knocked down that bandit and the whole camp out, and started the pursuit to hunt down the Minotaur.

Forests, vines, and animals; Rael bashed his way through them. The dusk had arrived, but that didn’t stop this pursuit. By the moment the night sets, he finally got out from the jungle to the plains, where he was greeted by this notorious criminal.

The Minotaur.

Now, it’s time for some decision on Rael’s part.

What will Rael aim for in this battle?
  • Defeat (Rael will only aim for his defeat.)
  • Kill (Rael will aim for the Minotaur’s death.)
  • Talk (Rael will aim to talk with the Minotaur.)

0 voters

While you’re deciding on Rael’s next action, I’m getting some drinks from Val for everyone here.
She’s probably drinking the same wine in another room right now.

Oh, and another thing.
The next storyteller might not tell about themself, so I’ll just say something about them.

Their name is Gaia Turk.
They’re calmer around children, but still…
If you’re fine with some creepy laughs here and there, I think you should be fine around them.

Well, guess my time has run out.
Best wishes to your new journey!

- Geovani Crest

no criminals shall live
only pain and suffering

also since you said the chars would reply to some replies, im guessing there is also some kinda format (e.g: using grammar n shit)
ok bye

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 08.18.34
god i am so proud of all of you

2 Likes

Yay

- Gaia Turk

Heheh… All right.

Let’s get right into it.

The moonlight shined at the Minotaur’s giant figure and his ax, which stood before the tiny Rael. His appearance was like how the bandits described him; a large bull-like man. Before the Minotaur could greet Rael with his iconic laugh, Rael interrupted it.

“First, I have some questions.” The small yet fearless Rael thumped his spiked club on the ground, hoping to halt this battle for at least a second.

But before the boy could ask anything, the Minotaur prepared his ax as he explained. “Huhuhuh… You’re one kind of a warrior, kiddo. And I challenge you to this battle.”

“Okay, cool. Didn’t know a notorious-”

Before Rael could finish his sentence, the Minotaur already charged at him.

“May the better warrior win!”

Like a fool, Rael swung his club at the Minotaur’s ax. That did halt the attack. But at the cost of being knocked away, and his club being hacked. With his main weapon damaged, Rael yelled. “Leap!”

By the moment Rael was in the air with his wood jump spell and the hacked club, the Minotaur threw his ax at him.

That ax hit Rael in the guts.

Being crushed into the ground afterward, he held his pain with his arm and got up. This time, his hand finally dropped his trusty club.

Rael finally realized exactly what he’s dealing with. Not a regular powerful villain nor a horde of bandits. It was a real threat he underestimated, and it was the one that actually got his heart racing.

Rael laughed his pain off. And bolted away from the Minotaur’s second incoming charge. But this time, he fired blocks of wood at the Minotaur too. Even if the Minotaur stopped the charge shortly, Rael rushed behind him. And continued smashing the Minotaur with his blasts.

He almost had a chance to drown the Minotaur with his own blasts, but the giant’s force kicked Rael back.

That kick almost broke Rael’s arm that guarded the damage at his body. But that’s fine, at least, for Rael himself. Until the moment the Minotaur swung his ax.

Rael had to scoot out from that attack with his jump spell and shot a few other blasts at the spinning Minotaur. With the amount of the pummeled blasts earlier, they should’ve taken the Minotaur down.

But nope, the Minotaur struck those blasts away with his ax. With Rael’s frustration, he charged towards the giant himself, propelled by his “Leap!” spell. The possibility of the spin cutting him didn’t slow Rael down.

Rael raised his arm to guard the slower ax spins. And used another arm to bash the Minotaur’s face with his wood blasts.

The gravity brought both of them down from the air. Rael used this opportunity to slam the Minotaur down.

With both of them on the ground, Rael pinned the Minotaur under him. Despite his weakened breathes and injured state. He finally won, at least.

“Huhuhuh… I… accept this defeat.” The Minotaur let out his final groans as he noticed Rael’s dominating glare. Before he glanced at the crowd of Magic Council soldiers surrounding them.

Rael’s glare also followed the Minotaur’s eyes. But all he could see were the blurry green-ish figures.

“I guess I’ll be arrested now…”

And that was the last thing Rael heard. Before everything turned black.

The morning light shined on Rael’s face. As he woke up in an awfully familiar bed. It was quite hard on his back, but the blankets were too soft for his usual nights. Plus his legs were hanging out from the bed as he’s too tall for it. Yeah, this is definitely the Silent Tower.

Bandages covered Rael’s arms and stomach. But at least he could wiggle his fingers around to grab something. Such as this one letter on the table next to him, and his repaired spiked club.

The letter was a thank you letter from a wandering knight, called The Exiled. Rael’s ability to take down The Minotaur impressed him, even if that resulted in some injuries. He later asked Rael to meet him nearby.

“Knock, knock. G’morning, young Rael!”

“… Morning, Captain Levi.”

Later, a Magic Council captain checked Rael’s injuries from the battle. The captain then let him leave to meet with The Exiled, as he seemed fine enough to get his ass kicked down again.

After getting out of the tower, he wandered around the Whispering Forest with his spiked club. Until he met an armored knight, aka. The Exiled himself.

With the Exiled’s hope on Rael’s potential, he advised Rael to seek a wizard called Aurielle Salore. As she’d advanced and wielded two magics already. Rael didn’t care about the praises or expectations from the Exiled, although he had a concern.

Aurielle’s Location.

That concern got the Exiled thinking for awhile. Before he continued to explain about Aurielle a little more.

As a Salore, known as the house of merchants, she did a lot of business and helped wizards in several towns. Although lately, she resided nearby the eastern peninsula. The Exiled recommended asking people about a white-dressed lady with blonde hair. As some townspeople may have recognized her attire.

The story shall be halted for now, heheh…

It’s time for this small poll again.

Good luck finding Aurielle.

Good luck with this unfamiliar journey.

And good luck with tiny Rael’s fate.

Where will Rael look for Aurielle first?
  • Riverville

• Ironport

• Summer Hold

• Bell Village

• Ruins of Charon

0 voters

2 Likes