Hidden details in Arcane Odyssey

Arcane Odyssey being the giant game it is has an extremely expansive universe in it’s own right. Normally with games this big, you’d expect there’d be some details left out. But Vetex has actually gone above and beyond with his attention to detail in ways you’ve never expected. Here’s some that I’ve found!

How it started

So I was doing my sand mage run and I happened to talk to Dame Caesennia without her quest, which showed this dialogue, leading me to dive down the rabbit hole of small details that I could find in the game. (I just wanted to use this image as the thumbnail :] )
Screenshot_303

This post is based on this thread by @JustDebel , I intend to revive and better document all these hidden little details :] Hecc, maybe we can even make an iceberg with all this.

Well-Known Details
Edward Kenton shows up to save you from prison

Having Kenton’s questline completed in any way will prompt him to show up when the crew breaks you out of prison. What a loyal quartermaster <3

There are four read-able journals in game (as of now)

There are four interactive journals in game, Captain Rackham’s Journal on Akurius Keep, Neviro’s on Ravenna, General Ziax on Blasted Rock, and Morden’s on Windrow.

Tucker's grave changes through out the story

Due to the frightening amount of forummers that have a hobby of digging up their best friend’s friend’s grave, we now know that Tucker’s body will naturally decompose over the course of the story. Similarly, Morden will proceed to improve his friend’s grave as the story progresses.

Your character's breath shows white when in freezing temperatures

Credit: @Midnight

Using a love potion on yourself gives this prompt

Screenshot_258

The Wrath of the Gods on Palo Town is a reference to AA

Credit: @Randomness
Talking to a certain NPC on Palo Town tells you about “The Wrath of The Gods”, referencing the end of AA’s story line where the Peacekeeper defeats Durza, resulting in a huge explosion that destroys much of the seven seas.

This prompt pops up when you try to attack someone in the mines.

Screenshot_308

Your character grows up as you play

Your character’s age will naturally increase as you continue to play the game, at around 120 hours, you’ll grow a year.

Carrina has different dialogue depending on if you spared her brother or not

Depending on your choice with Elius on Cirrus island, Carrina can have different dialogue options.
Screenshot_232

You can talk to the crew during the Ravenna chase sequence

You can actually interact with Neviro, Morden, and Iris when they are on your ship during the chase quest after defeating Revon. Here’s Morden’s response.
Screenshot_235

Ruby Roger and Clark Silvers have an adventure besides you.

First found in Frostmill, Ruby Roger and Clark Silvers are attempting to buy a Caravel from the Shipwright. After presumedly succeeding, they travel to sailor’s lodge, stopping by Palo Town on the way. Arriving at Sailors Lodge, they get captured by the Bronze Legion as they are mistaken for bad pirates. This is where you step in to save them by vouching for them. As of the current story, they have a singular crew member, William who was recruited from Palo Town.

Captain Arwald's crew member talks about Ghost ships

While visiting Sailor’s Lodge, talking to the crew of Captain Arwald leads to some interesting stories. The crew depart the lodge with their captain after betraying Ravenna
Screenshot_222

Certain Encrypted texts found in-game are from WOM

Within the bronze sea you can find encrypted text that were carried over from WOM. One example of this is the statue on Limestone Key and Ravenna’s Map Secret.

The Protector Religion on Cirrus is a reference to AA

Credit: @TheoreticalExistence

The books in The Myriad are a reference to AA

Credit: @Ultimate

The books in The Myriad reference events that happen during the AA timeline, such as Theos, Durza, and other characters.

It's possible to revisit the mines after the story.

The mines are a physical location in Calvus’ castle, being on the left side. Who just casually keeps a whole slave mine in their castle rooms…?
Screenshot_146

Elius' and Carrina's Father

Credit: @Maple
Lord Ulcrius is the father of Elius and Carrina, he offers a quest to capture Captain Arwald in Ravenna, after which he explains how worried he is that he hasn’t heard from his children.

• These are details you’ll likely encounter in game as you casually play
Known Details
Iris shows up at Silverhold after Cirrus Island

Iris holds true to her word and visits Silverhold to investigate the symbols that were found during the sky island arc.

The Warding effect exists in game, although only obtainable from mystery potions

The warding effect protects you from the effects of insanity, which means it’ll be an essential item for the release of the dark seas. At the moment, it seems that the only way to get it is through mystery potions.
Screenshot_264

Dame Caesennia actually wants to be a ship captain

Dame Caesennia actually wants to be a ship captain as she complains that guard duty isn’t for her, this pops up when you interact with her being under-leveled for her quest.
Screenshot_303

Your crew eats food to heal

When you crew are damaged in pirate attacks and sources, they will actually eat fruit to heal up their health!
Did you know your crew can actually eat food?

Mayor Tilly leaves for Ravenna

Mayor Tilly will actually disappear from Palo Town during your main quest to travel to ravenna. This is accurate to the lore where she’s visiting and gets kidnapped afterwards. Side note, she also changes her suit after this event, perhaps to be more noticeable in case of kidnappings?

General Argos goes insane in Phase 3 of his boss fight.

Credit: @ItsNotMe
Image Credit: @3qu1Noxx

The Scientist in the Clouds

Credit: @Randomness

A Familiar Face

Credit: @ImaLettuce, @wmdrayal
Image Credit: @Redsisco
Talking to Jay after completing his quest gives you the dialogue option “You look familiar…”. Some people speculate that this can be a reference to how Jay looks like Luffy or Morden.

Harvest Island was formerly a sky island

Credit: @Maple
It is speculated that Harvest Island was formerly a sky island that fell, as Harvest has the same grass, trees, and terrain style as Cirrus Island.

• These are details that casual players might not know or have had a chance to encounter yet
Un-Known Details
The potions used on Beringer

Vetex actually included the potion models in the torture room where Beringer is housed, we can only speculate from the bottle shapes what they did to him…

Tyche and Warcrimes by Ravenna

Yeah you thought Ravenna was bad, but did you know they just executed 30 people last month? -Wait what do you mean it’s 30 per day!?
Screenshot_295

Easter egg in Revamped Palo Town

There’s a little image of an emoticon behind a house in Palo Town, I think there was a thread about it somewhere but I can’t find it rn

Unnamed Journal at Silverhold

On one of the outer walkways of Silverhold there is a journal that’s unmarked, and doesn’t do anything on pick up. Perhaps this might pan out to be Edward’s Diary or something of that sort later down the line?
Screenshot_200
Screenshot_201

• These are details that you won’t find unless you are intentionally looking for them

Now that I’ve put out my two cents…What are some interesting details that you’ve found?

35 Likes

Note, it’d also be helpful if you guys could submit some images with each detail so I can put it in

Argos went insane in third phase. According to feature turning player eyes red when insane this happened to him too

Added this and the detail that you can talk to your crew during the chase sequence after Revon

I’m surprised this one isn’t that well known, i found it pretty easy to catch

I’ve been credited for someone for the first time!!
AHHHHHHHH!

I’d like to add a few discoveries I made yesterday to this.

Ruby roger leaves frostmill (and goes to sailor’s lodge)

After the sky island arc, you find Ruby roger and Clark silvers at sailor’s lodge, though some Ravenna ensigns are having trouble with the two of them.

Jay rogers is a one-piece reference

Jay rogers, who gives you the quest ‘lodge maintenance’ is a reference to the one piece anime. This is further shown by when you talk to him later, there’s a dialogue option saying he looks familiar.

Ruby roger has been to Palo town and has a crew

There’s an npc at sailor’s lodge when you get there for the story, located on the opposite side of the place from where Ruby is. When you talk to him, he’ll ask if you know Ruby roger. If you say yes, he then says that he joined his crew because of his speech at Palo town. I’m pretty sure this npc’s name is Shawn? He has a grey shirt and is near jay rogers.

Ik Ruby and Clark are a one piece reference, what’s Jay’s?

Yup, William is pretty cool!
Also if you talk to the sailors around the lodge before taking on fort talos there’s one that tells you about ghost ships and another who tells you about what the Jaw pirates are doing.

(I’ll get around to adding these in a bit P:)

1 Like
  • There is an NPC at Cirrus Island who mentions about scientist who lived In a tower on the edge of the island, referring to the secret location. The scientist supposedly disappeared one day without a trace. I’ve heard absolutely nobody talk about this.
2 Likes

(Well known details)

• The Ravenna secret is written in the hidden language which originated in WoM. The translation is quite well known however the language itself not fully known by most as you need to find a couple secrets in WoM to translate it fully I believe.

Added Ruby Roger and Clark Silvers
Added The Scientist in the Clouds
Thanks for your details :+1:

Unsure about the Jay Rogers being a one piece reference might need ya to explain that to me .3.

Jay is a reference to luffy I think

1 Like

I thought his name was something else ahhh

i thought its because he looks similar to Morden?

Eh maybe, but remember you meet Morden at sailor’s lodge for the story so I think luffy makes even more sense

i suppose, it just feel kinda weird but if its an easter egg ig it doesnt need to make sense

One thing not mentioned here is the “protector” religion that popped up around the war seas following Theos and Durza’s fight which you can find a worshipper of in Cirrus if I remember right.

This means that somebody crossed the dark seas long ago to spread the story, could have even been Randal accidentally overhyping his friend into a GOD.

1 Like

where is neviro’s located?

at some point during the storyline, she gets back to the revamped Palo Town