⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Boss Weapon Names and More Visuals!

Explore More Anchors:

wheel

Created by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird!

Thursday, June 23, 2022 (US)

:headphones:

Sound Magic!

Wild Savannah

Composed by Navola

:scroll:

The Hook!

Welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed :wave:! We don’t have as much to go over this time, so hopefully it should be a little bit shorter. We’ll head right in to version 1.9.79:

The first thing we have here is better screen shaking :boom:! You can see on some of the leaks that high level magic charging can create screen-shake, so it’ll definitely make that look better :mariomug:!

Next up, we have more progress on General Argos’s boss fight, taking place in Fort Talos :nod:!

After this, we have more progress on the fire magic revamp :fire:, which finishes up it’s summoning effects, blast, sphere explosion, and pillar explosion. I have to say, it looks really good! Can’t wait for a leak on this :eyes:!

Time to move onto a few newer things:

Remember that cool sword that I showed last anchor and said might be obtainable? It’s not :frpensive:. While that might seem sad, it was made apparent that it’s important for the story. Put the clues together and you have yourself something interesting :mag:.

Now, take a look at this:

It seems that we now have names for all of the Sky Boss’s drops :poggers2:! His armor is fairly self explanatory and we’ve already seen some of these things, but his bow is now called Stormcaller, his spear called Noble Thunderspear, and his dual cutlasses named Scimitars of Storm. Since we knew the weapon types of all three of his weapon drops beforehand, it’s pretty easy to tell which is which based on the names :fr:.

That’ll be all for this anchor. Cya :wave:!

:popcorn:

On Topic!

Powerscaling forums

Posted by @anon1881879

Though power scaling can be notoriously inaccurate in many cases, doing so for the forumers is a different story :thinking:. How ludicrously overpowered are your fellow forum dwellers? And just how underpowered can they be as well (foolish mortals)? There’s only one way to find out :mariomug:.

:art:

Arcane Art!

AO thumbnail concept art

Created by @tong

Tong is back once again with another spectacular piece of Arcane Odyssey art :flushed::ok_hand:! This time, techlevel80’s AO file is depicted with startling detail in a manner (and setting) that could only be described as “cold” :cold_face:. I always love to see these, and I hope some of these pieces actually end up as thumbnails for the game!

:pencil2:

Writing Wizardry!

A Trickster Whom Fools Himself

Written by @Zeil

A climax is coming, and the forest is rattling in anticipation :eyes:! In the red corner… An elden mage of seemingly unmatched power, who has finally had enough. In the purple with pink polka dots corner… a ghastly menace who has been the scourge of many a folk, who poisons the mind with his presence. And when they clash, lightning falls, and old secrets rise :face_with_monocle:. You won’t want to miss this!

:mag:

The Chart!

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @ShadowJGaming! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Fort Talos”!

You open the chart, and it reads…

The stone that pierces the sky.

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed

The Odyssey Feed Discord Server

Arcane Odyssey Trello

The Arcane Lily

Thanks for reading!

Apparently, this is National Hydration Day, so go drink some water!

14 Likes

This is an unusually early anchor since last time, but I won’t have as much time tomorrow and practically already had it finished. :nod:

Gaming

1 Like

:video_game:

answer to the riddle is the stepstones

1 Like

Gottem :mariomug:

W feed

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Banger material as always :nod: :poggers2:

1 Like

W feed once again

1 Like

1 Like

screen shake in games is sometimes annoying so glad to see Vetex is making it look good

1 Like

Very cool feed

1 Like

Late again. Also nice

1 Like

Redwake?

1 Like

Stepstones (already been answered)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.