⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Bronze Sea's End, Energy System!

Navigator
2023-01-30T01:50:00Z
Written by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird
Sound Magic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Sound Magic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Sailor’s Lodge Theme
Arcane Odyssey Soundtrack

The Hook!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ The Hook! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Hey, this is Cryonical :wave:. Welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed! Arcane Odyssey is just a month away, after over 2 years of development :eyes:! This newspaper will continue of course, but while we’re on the topic let’s take a look at all the new development progress on our favorite Roblox magic RPG :mariomug:!

Let’s first take a look at our story, which is quickly coming to a close! Parts 12-15 of Chapter 5 have been finished! Return to Wind-Row, What Lies Ahead, What Lies Ahead (again? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:) and Departing Wind-Row Island. A nice set of story parts for us preceding our awakening :eye:! With all these story parts comes the final level raise, to 125, unlocking the last things Vetex has been working on for progression :poggers2:!

Some quick NPC and camera changes to look at. Sadly, NPCs no longer look at players when nearby them and a fix to bosses respawning in their last phase has been reverted since both were broken by a Roblox bug :frpensive:. However, it still works in dialogue of course, and your own character faces towards the NPC while that happens :nod:. A nice quality of life change!

Now for a few things regarding Blast Shapes! The arrow shape no longer has reduced damage along with it’s other reduced stat for balancing, as it was previously very bad :fr:. The damage variance of shapes has been reduced while size variance has been increased. Both of these changes are due to how both stats scale, especially power :boom:. And for convenience, shape/embodiment-specific spells/techniques are now highlighted in blue so that you can find them much easier :ok_hand:.

At last, we have our start to awakenings :eyes:! Before the awakening cutscene, players are warned that they are about to awaken and will be permanently locked to their current stat build and that they’ll forget things they haven’t invested into :headstone:. A quite essential reminder for just how important awakenings are and how cautious you have to be regarding them, especially your first one :nod:.

To further this, between levels 10 and 80, you can reset your stat points for free once per file :boom:. This means that if you possibly spec into something you don’t like you can revert it! Of course, this will be undone once the stat reset potion is added, as we know :test_tube:. The Warden build has been additionally disabled until post-release so that spirit weapons can be added and implemented.

Lastly, a big change to energy that’s been confirmed for a while is finally here! It’s maximum capacity now scales off of all stats besides vitality instead of just magic, and weapons and fighting styles now use energy instead of stamina :pray:. This puts them more on par with magic and makes stamina overall much more manageable… before, using fighting styles even with the best stamina foods would sometimes be an issue :sleeper:!

The charging effects for every route, which blend together depending on your build, have been finished :eye:! Since energy is universal to all builds besides magic now, this is absolutely necessary :nod:. It all looks great as well and gives your non-magic files quite a bit of personality!

There’s also a test UI change that lets us testers change our fighting style and fighting style XP, though I doubt that information is of much use to you :fr:.

That’s all for today’s anchor of The Odyssey Feed. Peace out :v:!

On Topic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎On Topic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Superpower Question but here’s a catch
Posted by @BNTarwarn

Superpowers are quite a common thing in fiction. Super strength, laser vision, telekinesis, and many, many, many more :muscle:. And everyone has at least a few superpowers they would find cool, helpful, or both. However, if you only had 10 seconds to choose :hourglass:? Certainly then, you wouldn’t have nearly as much time to think. So, what’s your choice?

Arcane Art!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Arcane Art! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Trigno, The Volcano
Created by @Jinelle

The leader of the uhh, uhhhh, ermm, (I forgot :skull:) pirates makes his debut in the Arcane Odyssey Forums art section, drawn beautifully by Jinelle. Every detail on his face, his eyes, his clothes, his hair, and basically everything else has been depicted with incredible detail :eyes:, along with a rushing background and color palette that really just add that something to this piece. Great job :ok_hand:!

Writing Wizardry!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ Writing Wizardry! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

Harrowing, bloody mines (Part 2)
Written by @ImaLettuce

Seeing everybody do writing for the first time reminds me that I should probably continue Deal with Death :mariomug: Though, as that’s not happening soon probably, let’s look at part 2 of a series by Iamalettuce :leafy_green:! Here, we witness, firsthand, the abuse, danger, and suffering the inhabitants of Ravenna’s Eternal Mines go through every day. Though, maybe a bit more exciting :eyes:!

The Chart!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ The Chart! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

Last anchor’s riddle was solved by @sock! Congratulations for being the first to crack it! The answer was… ”Nova”!

You Open The Scroll…

“5 13”

First to comment the answer below will get a shoutout next anchor!

Resources!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Resources! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎

Thanks for reading!
The cake is a lie!
16 Likes

New version not included since it’s not published yet :mariomug:.

2 Likes

W feed as always

Chapter 5 Part 13: What lies ahead

I do wonder how many points you’ll need in a stat to not forget it. I feel like 15% and up would be a decent minimum since it’s also the minimum reqs in 3 stats for savant, and it’s also low enough that someone can use low-level skill despite not investing too much into the stat.

We’ll see in just a day or so hopefully! :pray:

1 Like

isnt it based on your build or something
only reason it would be based on stats is for savants. even if they dont invest into a specific stat at all, i guess they should still keep their tool since their second awakening allows them to mix all 3 attack types

and if you fucked up and spent stats on strength as a mage, ideally you should be able to respend those points (as you lose your fighting style)

1 Like

Yeah I think so, but if i’m a berserker with 70% in magic and 30% in magic (maybe just using blast spells for synergies), it would be unfortunate if I completely lost my magic despite having a decent amount of points in it

1 Like

yeah i wanna wait to see how it turns out before suggesting that last part

2 Likes

Wow!
What little merit I have is making a difference

2 Likes

I need to write another story sometime.
Darn writer’s block.

1 Like

Awesome feed!

papich-adequate reaction

Lady Carinas boobs size

:fr:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.