⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Final Weeks!

Navigator
2023-02-13T18:38:00Z
Written by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird
Sound Magic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Sound Magic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Work Life Imbalance
Composed by C418

The Hook!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ The Hook! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Hey, this is Cryonical :wave:. Welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed! It’s time to finish up awakenings… or maybe not entirely :thinking:. The first thing we’ll be looking at is the wonderful version v1.10.85!

First, Seared has been renamed to Scalded for some unknown reason. Perhaps it sounded better, or there was already something in the game called seared. Probably the first :nod:.

Next, iron leg’s imbuing visuals have been changed to favor the metal of your leg slightly more, so that it’s not just “magic leg” :fr:. A good change that represents the style a decent amount more and makes things clearer.

Lastly, conjurer’s awakening is up next! Going off the warlock awakening, the imbuing function has already been finished, as it could essentially just be copied from that :mariomug:.

Version 1.10.86 builds off its predecessor :pray:. Here, the visuals for imbuing magic into weapons have been finished, though skills and function have not yet. Savant has also gotten a small nerf, since it was a quite dominant build due to its previous changes (And still is :eyes:)!

Conjurer is almost finished, the skill visuals and imbuing animations for each weapon all completed :poggers2:! I have to say, conjurer is definitely the best looking awakening we’ve seen yet :ok_hand:!

However, there’s some bad news as well… weapon slashes have been gutted with their damage being cut in half, and gun aiming animations have been removed because of Roblox :fr:. This second one, in particular, is pretty unfortunate and seems to be a recurring theme here.

Though, lighten up a bit, literally :bulb:. Light’s imbuing particles for conjurer and warlock have been made more visible!

Quite a large version here :nod:! Next up, on the topic of those imbuing particles for light, lightning has gotten a similar treatment, though just a general improvement instead of a brightening :+1:.

And, Conjurer has finally been finished :tada:! Imbued weapons now apply the magic’s status, work with the same interactions, and adapt their stats towards those of the magic, similarly to Warlock :nod:. NPCs after the appropriate level can spawn with imbued weapons as well, if they’re Conjurers.

We actually have a few images of imbued weapons. One of the coolest features yet!

Above is a picture of Trollus (I think) imbuing the Noble Thunderspear with purple lightning magic, which causes the tip of it to be quite electrifying :zap:! Definitely an amazing combination.

And, above, are two images of Inferno imbuing Commodore Kai’s Sabre with fire magic :eye: (Notice the magic circle behind), then using a similarly imbued rapier to slash around them, creating a very visually appealing ring of fire around them :fire:. The solid white/gray rings in the middle also look great together with the flames.

That’s not all for this version, though. Weapon Skills that have not yet been developed do no longer appear on the bottom right moveset bar, and if viewed using the scroll over feature in the inventory, will show that the move has not yet been added :v:. Treasure charts also now need level 40 instead of 20 to find, since what you had available to you at that level usually wasn’t sufficient :thinking:.

And last for this version, something I don’t think anyone of us expected; Warlord finished in just a single version. Must have been pretty easy, going off of Warlock and Conjurer :face_with_monocle:. And with it, awakenings are entirely finished!

Here’s one of several thumbnails for the game that Inferno has shown off, to celebrate! It gives us a look at all 4 of the pure builds :nod:.

Since we’re already past Warlock, we can’t exactly include these images earlier; but here’s some of Warlock released at the same time as those Conjurer ones :eyes:!

This first one is lightning infused into thermo fist, probably taken by Fluect :+1:! From this, we can glean what some other magics might look like with this fighting style in particular.

This second image is lightning, again, but infused into sailor’s style :ocean:. Though I’m not too sure who the player is here, the trails of watt-er they leave behind sure do look quite good :troll:!

Only two versions left…

1.10.89 is quite small, updating the title screen and making your files not show the things that you have forgotten, if any, due to your first awakening. For example, your fighting style would have shown if you were an awakened mage, even though you couldn’t access it :skull:.

And last, a bit of trolling has been removed :saluting_face:, in which you can no longer get on the steering wheel of other player’s ships and voyage outwards. It certainly was annoying though, so I’m glad this was done nonetheless.

This last version is all about the map, which seems to have been developed on and off for the past month or so :mariomug:. M is finally a hotkey to open or close it, story and quest markers now display on it, and it has a compass rose featured on it, probably on the top or bottom left :compass:! And discovering new places gives slightly less XP now, which I must say I’ve forgotten about.

The trello versions are over for now, but that’s not all. We still have a video and some news to look at :eyes:!

This is hot and cold, published on youtube by Kurumai. It shows the pvp match between two warlocks, one ice, and one fire :cold_face:! Though I must say I am disappointed I was not even notified of the “ice warlock” role, as I would have gladly filled it :frpensive: It does well in showcasing some PRETTY SICK visuals!

On the pvp side, you may think that the balancing here is quite poor. This is because, well, balancing hasn’t really been done quite a lot while the awakenings were added, and of course it will still occur. Additionally, they both had good attack size builds, which explains the hitboxes a bit (Also, Sailor Style has a lot of AOE when at full water in general :boom:).

Discuss it further here if you’d like:

Vetex has also made evident that World of Magic is closing in just a few days to prepare for Arcane Odyssey being laid atop it :pray:! The game is truly just around the corner. Also involved, the second image, is a list of everything being wiped! Can’t wait to play this with yall :v:!

That’s all for today’s anchor of The Odyssey Feed. Peace out :v:!

On Topic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎On Topic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Arcane Odyssey: What are you gonna cosplay as?
Posted by @Farerflare

Arcane Odyssey is (and most prominently WILL be) valued for a lot of things :moneybag:! It’s replayability, epic mechanics, worldbuilding, story, visuals, and combat. However, up there amongst the big ones is cosplaying, which is made incredibly available due to the high amount of both character customization and “powers” in the form of varied builds, weapons, and more. I, personally, base my files off of my own characters, but what about you?

Arcane Art!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Arcane Art! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Lost Elemental: The Aurora Tulikettu
Created by @liu

Liu is finally back with another elemental, or two, seeing I chose this over the death one :mariomug:. They’re also seemingly indulging in making elementals for fan lost magics…! Unless I have severe memory issues and that was actually in the list :headstone:. Anyways, I’m insanely biased towards this as someone who has wanted this magic for myself for a long time, and I find the variation of colors in the several pieces really beautiful :ok_hand:! Auroras are like that in general!

Writing Wizardry!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ Writing Wizardry! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

Wizard’s Extinction | S5 | Prologue
Written by @Arcane-Lover

Remember that Perceval Salore guy, well, this was him the whole time, and is back, apparently from their account being lost somehow, to continue the series, better than ever :poggers2:! They were known for being quite inclusive to the community while at the same time making great storylines. It’s one of the few series I seriously read most of the chapters of :eyes:. So let’s hear it for some more!

The Chart!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ The Chart! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

Last anchor’s riddle was solved by @sock! Congratulations for being the first to crack it! The answer was… ”1.35”!

You Open The Scroll…

“Island 29 50”

First to comment the answer below will get a shoutout next anchor!

Resources!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Resources! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎

Thanks for reading!
We’re so close!
25 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

I am very excited for AO release, my own prediction is the 25th. Great work once again, Cryo!

W feed as always

Uhh whitesummit

1 Like

we’re very very close to AO

first time i’ve been early to one of these damn

Nope. I suppose you could just cycle through all the islands, so I won’t confirm an answer unless someone explains why the numbers indicate it.

4 Likes

‘Hey Patrick, what’s something funnier than 34?’
’35?’

Hysterical laughter

your home ip?

cirrus island?

1 Like

Great feed as usual, but I feel an unusual lack of puns

Only 3? And not even bothered with a title pun? This isn’t good enough Cryo

2 Likes

so is no one gonna point out what this clearly resembles

Kai from Ninjago bu with yellow hair instead of brown.

I am going to imbue metal magic on my iron leg and you cant stop me.

does anyone have any idea when this is?
i want to celebrate

Riddle hint: :microscope:

Magnifying scope island

1 Like

kinda sucks that I’m just now reading the odyssey feeds and wasn’t there for each new installment of them but hey this is neat to read like a weekly newspaper

1 Like