⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Arcane Anniversary!

Navigator
2024-03-01T18:33:00Z
Written by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird

Since November 28, 2020

Sound Magic
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ Sound Magic ] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Great Sea - Reorchestrated (Arcane Odyssey Sailing Theme)
Will Bedford

The Hook
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ The Hook ] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hey, this is Cryonical :wave:. Welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed! It’s been a very long time since the last anchor… about just under a year :sob:. There were quite a few reasons for my break.

Mostly, it became lack of interest in the game. This is because of the incredible faultiness of the Dark Sea update upon the endgame of AO, turning it into a grindfest, which I’ve explained further elsewhere :sleeper:. To counteract this, I gave up pvp, but it was until the Nimbus Sea started releasing in the Test Universe that I lost all interest. Hopefully this will bring me back for the better!

Additionally, I’ve been doing other things, playing other games, and, especially, writing other stories. The first few chapters of a novel im writing are even public and I’ve been talking to lots of writers to help brainstorm ideas and such that I’ve had.

Anyways, you don’t want to hear all that corny stuff :nerd:. What you want to hear is that a few days ago (Sorry for the late anchor!) This is super amazing, and I can’t believe that it’s only been a year… its seemed like a much longer time! And the community has been rejoicing in this existence anniversary! Meanwhile, I’ve been getting rusty at this format of writing… :skull:

And, just as you might expect, I will, in fact, NOT be covering the content of the entire Dark Sea update, the mini-update after that, and the whole Nimbus Sea update as of now. By the time I finished that, Arcane Odyssey will have reached its second anniversary :fr:.

You’ve all seen the images on the new Arcane Odyssey twitter, which I’ve been participating in (I wrote a few of the tweets and took the sea border image :nod:). I’m staying here as well, though! Ewww, Twitter. Therefore, I don’t think I’ll be covering anything here on this anchor.

Starting now, though, I’ll be taking a look at all the game news that releases, which you’ll be seeing on the next anchor of the Odyssey Feed. This might be disappointing for the newest anchor after almost a year, but thank you for tuning in! Odyssey Feed is also over 3 YEARS OLD now :birthday:! I want to look back and thank EVERYONE for the immense support on this newspaper. It’s gotten me so far in this community, and it’s about time I get back to it :zap:!

On Topic
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ On Topic ] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Forum Photography Thread
Posted by @switchbladeadrenalin

A picture is worth a thousand words, in the, uhhh, wise words of, ermm, someone :sweat_smile:. And I’d agree! I’ve went to quite a few cool places over my relatively few years of existence, and have certainly taken lots of photos! At first, my mentality was to take it in the moment and not be distracted by taking pictures, but my mentality has shifted to a mix of both… photos let you look back on snapshots of the world that’s slipped past you long ago :camera_flash:. And the world around us is more beautiful than any painting ever made… So share 'em here :point_down:!

Arcane Art
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ Arcane Art ] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Arcane Odyssey’s First Anniversary Collaboration
Created by, well, everyone

This one just felt mandatory to add :eyes:, and if you’re seeing the same image I’m seeing, then I bet you’d agree. The BIG KAHUNA of the art section has arrived, provided by over 40 artists, organized by @Not_a_Knife. In this masterpiece :ok_hand:, we can see the markings all of these talented individuals have left on a fleet of ships, chaos ensuing anywhere you looked! This pretty much just oozes with personality and the passion here towards the game. Happy first anniversary, Arcane Odyssey :tada:!

Writing Wizardry
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ Writing Wizardry ] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Arcane Abyss Sea, the Atlantean Infection AU
Written by @Mirage

Remember the forums before AO’s release, and how dry the writing was for the most part :desert:? Yeah, me neither, since I’ve entirely succumbed to the Dark Sea’s water poisoning, mutating into a wretched beast with the power to stretch seemingly simple concepts out into 30 pages and act proud of myself :frcryin:. This only became possible in this alternate universe where Atlanteans are INVADING the Bronze sea? How does each island and faction respond to the threat, and can we find out the secrets behind the infection :thinking:? The whole base of writers has came together to answer these questions with amazing detail… one of the coolest things I’ve seen in a while :star_struck:!

The Chart
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ The Chart ] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last anchor’s chart winner was… uhh… ancient history. We’ll keep trying to excavate :pick:.

You Open The Scroll…

What type of cube has the ability to singlehandedly defeat authors?

First to comment the answer below will get a shoutout next anchor!

Resources
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [ Resources ] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

:speech_balloon: Odyssey Feed Discord Server
Join for notifications, suggest topics for the feed, and chat about the latest Arcane Odyssey development news!

:anchor: Odyssey Feed Hub
A topic containing a link to almost all anchors, as well as more information about The Odyssey Feed!

:paperclips: Arcane Odyssey Trello
The main source for information about Arcane Odyssey’s development!

:diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside: The Arcane Lily
A compilation of AO sources I’ve made for convenience. May be slightly outdated.

Thanks for reading!
Also, happy Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s, Valentines, and everything else I’ve missed!
23 Likes

Uhh… i didn’t post the forum photography thread, @switchbladeadrenalin did

Oops…

My bad, it should be fixed now. Sorry for the pings lol.

Now I’d argue that a Curse would be able to defeat me, however, I doubt that’s the answer.

1 Like

People keep saying the grand fire curses so i placr my bet on that :t_rex:

1 Like

Tide curse ruins the page…

1 Like

Return of the king! I’ve always looked forward to reading these articles. I’m glad you’re back! Happy three year anniversary :partying_face:

been a nice 4 months since the last post :mariomug:

1 Like

the first time I’ve ever been able to catch a new anchor since joining the forums, and Abyss Sea was featured on it!!

Tysm!!!

2 Likes

Really? Thought it was WAY longer than that.

Haha I’m surprised newcomers know what Odyssey Feed is, because of the break. Thanks for reading!

1 Like

With how hectic the forums could be, a sort of overview of what’s been happening on here every so often in a newspaper-like format drew my attention immediately! Was hoping it wasn’t discontinued, and thankfully that isn’t the case :pray:

Writer’s block.

1 Like

I have seen the past AO feed posts, and i must say…they are pretty interesting to say the least.
A short recap of what happened in the past will be a great way to remember what chaos occured in the previous months of the forums’s existence.

This is it!
Took the words right out of my mouth :D!

2 Likes

Bu-dum tssh

Gotta give cryo some love for the solid topic choices for On Topic, Art, and Writing categories. Each one is extremely memorable and unique in their own sense.

I think this was the first Odyssey Feed I’ve read.

AND I was mentioned. I’m finally relevant. :smiling_face_with_tear:

the return!!!