⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Merchant Ships & Magic Revamps!

Explore More Anchors:

wheel

Created by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird!

(Date here. EX: Monday, April 18, 2021) (US)

:headphones:

Sound Magic!

Scamper Shores

Composed by Daisuke Matsuoka, James Phillipsen

:scroll:

The Hook!

Hey. This is Cryonical, welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed :wave:! We’ve got quite a bit to cover today, but let’s first start off with something I missed: A brand new Arcane Odyssey by @Selector :eyes:!

Now, I wouldn’t be including this, though already a great video by itself, if it didn’t contain some new Arcane Odyssey media for us to digest :hungry:. I’ll post some pictures of them, but look through the video yourself to see :nod:.

Next, we have some trello changes to cover :point_down::

First, Vetex has added yet another brand new quest to Sailor’s Lodge, bringing the total up to five. We’ll have tasks for days :cold_sweat:!

Next up, we’ve got some more magic revamp improvements :fire:! Light Magic has had the rest of its spells and effects redone, along with its moonlight variation. Besides this, the highlight effect in the auras effects of Fire, Ice, Lightning, and Magma Magic have had their brightness uppered.

And lastly… the start to merchant ships :poggers2:! That’ll all be explained over the next 2 versions. Speaking of such, i’ll be merging these versions for the next bit of information.

First of all, there’s 2 brand new items: Sailor’s Cloak and Sailor’s Boots. I sure do wonder what NPCs these will drop from :thinking:. Not only this, but the Tricorn Hat has had a rework, with stat changes along with a rename to Sailor’s Hat, completing the set :ok_hand:.

Next up, some Merchant Ship information! Get ready for a big ol’ fashioned wall of text. As said by Vetex in the last previous patch note, Merchant Ships work and spawn similarly to Pirate ships in their mechanics, but with the following differences :mag::

• Merchant Ships tend to have lower levels and weaker equipment than pirates, with lower level ones rarely having cannons. Merchant ships only agro on you when you attack them :nod:. However, if they’re not attacked for 30 seconds, they’ll decide not to take their chances and get out. They spawn instead of pirate ships half the time, so you’ll see the same amount of both ship types.
  • “Sailor” NPCs exist, presumably replacing pirate NPCs, staying on the ship, manning cannons, and defending the higher ups similarly to their plundering counterparts.
  • A “Merchant” spawns in the place of the co-captain with random dialogue. Lower level merchants will run away when attacked, but higher level ones will use a dagger in self defense :knife:. They sell a minimum of 3 random items, below the level of the merchant, that can be found in chests :game_die:. One of them is guaranteed to be a tool, but won’t talk to players with low reputation. So, if you want to find higher level items, talk to higher level merchants :+1:!
  • All the NPCs on the Merchant Ship, being the Sailors, Merchant, and Captain, will not attack you unless they are attacked first. Pirates will also prefer to attack merchant ships over other pirate ships :punch:.

All of this adds up to make an incredibly unique and dynamic traveling system for going on a galleon spending spree and getting otherwise difficult to obtain items, or causing a bit of trouble around the War Seas :boom:.

Not only this, but like their pirate counterparts, Sailors and Captains have their own unique drops! Do note that strong sailors do not have all their drops yet .

Next, wind begins (and finishes) its journey to be revamped. In the two versions we’re going over right now, all of its effects, spells, and variations were completed. Vetex is really zooming through these remakes :zap:!

After this, the lighting of the game has been “greatly improved”. And this couldn’t be any better for the game :flushed:. Seeing it in the test realm, it’s absolutely incredible and I can’t wait for you guys to experience it as well :pray:. There’s also now multiple checkpoints for different parts in the Fort Talos storyline part, which I’m sure will be an improvement :+1:.

Last but definitely not least, we have a brand new NPC, which spawns in place of merchants 20% of the time: Dyers :poggers2:! They can change the color variation of any item that has color variations, such as armor, accessories, and sail patterns :paintbrush:. When changing the color of an item, the galleon cost of doing so is 4 times the base cost of the item you’re dying plus 100 galleons on top :moneybag:. It’s stated this could be changed if it’s too expensive.

These traveling Dyers are a super great way to change the color of any item you please to match just what you want, making it so you can simply recolor an item instead of grinding for a different variation :pray:. Needless to say, especially with rarer items, this is a gift. So get sailing to find one :dash:!

Lastly, we have v1.9.114…

As we can see, Shadow Magic has entirely been revamped in just a few patch notes. This may have been the fastest one yet, actually. Can’t wait ‘til they’re all finished :fire:!

And the very last information we have today is that Merchant NPCs will not stop the ship when you board :thinking:. We didn’t ever see this on the initial Merchant Ship information, but this caused them to unanchor from the ship, and it would despawn soon after. You’d better buy your gear fast :dash:!

That’s all for this anchor of The Odyssey Feed. Cya next time :wave:!

:popcorn:

On Topic!

Movie confession

Posted by @anon1881879

Movies are a staple and highly discussed part of media. There’s always a lot of debate about new and old movies, but sometimes there’s just some great movies we haven’t watched :eyes:. What well-regarded movies have you not seen at all? Well, here’s the place to spill the beans :boom:!

:art:

Arcane Art!

Warlord’s Fighting Style Fusion

Created by @Dr.Archipelago

Archipelago is back at it with his series of animated builds. This time, he’s given some fresh life to the Warlord build :ok_hand:. As the opposing mage looms over him, asking him for some last words, what will he do :thinking:? This was really well made, with so much effort put into every aspect. Archipelago knocked it out of the park here, if you see what i’m going for :smirk:!

:pencil2:

Writing Wizardry!

ADIM: Lost Things - Chapter VII: Back Home

Written by @BNTarwarn

Heading back to Lost Things by BNTarwarn, the charming writing continues :fire:, in a much more tame and chilled out chapter. Virgil’s mind finally calms as he settles down and reconciles with his friends at last, wondering what to do next. That’s not their choice, though… it’s yours! Carve the adventure in your own path and take a vote :+1:!

:mag:

The Chart!

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @ClashMaster273! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Cursebane”!

You open the chart, and it reads…

Sky Boss Drop Rate

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed

The Odyssey Feed Discord Server

Arcane Odyssey Trello

The Arcane Lily

Thanks for reading!

AO Gang!!!

12 Likes

1/5 right?

1 Like

1/5 I think

1 Like

Yep!

How can I be this early and yet this late

3 Likes

I was too slow to see that there was a new anchor :frcryin:

1 Like

wait its 1/5?
thank god i dont have to spent 20 years

1 Like

W feed as always

1 Like

what he said

1 Like

Will we be able to defend merchant ships from pirates?

1 Like

Yeah, definitely. Just make sure not to accidentally hit the merchant ship lol.

2 Likes

Yay. The merchants don’t deserve to be murdered.

2 Likes

Lies

1 Like

Inspect element! I deny this! :mariomug:

2 Likes

My life is a lie.

1 Like

i can kill innocent merchants and pillage their ships, amazing!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.