⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ Second Anniversary!

Navigator
2022-11-29T03:08:00Z
Written by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird
Sound Magic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎Sound Magic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Not Fated To Die!
Composed by @Tobi

https://youtu.be/AdpEkJD4Ylw

The Hook!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ The Hook! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Hey, this is Cryonical :wave:. Welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed!

The first thing I want to say is that it’s the second anniversary of the newspaper you’re reading right now, the Odyssey Feed :anchor::birthday:! It’s been a wild ride, and I’ve enjoyed documenting the progress of the game. Along the way I’ve gotten, tester, forum mod, immense support, and artists to spice up the paper :fire:. Thank you so much to everyone in this community for being so incredibly receiving of the things I’ve done here… I couldn’t possibly imagine 2 years ago I’d be here right now typing this :mariomug:!

Second, this is going to possibly be the most insane anchor yet, with an immense of things being added to the game, and tons of exciting news for the future! So buckle in, and let’s begin with the announcement of Vetex’s patreon!

https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/patreon-announcement/80176

Essentially, this allows you to donate to Vetex directly in the form of a membership system :moneybag:. Not only this, but you’ll get special perks depending on how much green you’re willing to cough up… all three tiers get a special Vetex Discord chat and name color where vetex will frequently post leaks, a forum name color, flair, and title, and access to Vetex’s patreon page where he will also be putting AO media frequently :poggers2:. This is not only a great way to get more information about your favorite game, but to also support him in making Arcane Odyssey!

However, there are some limitations. First, patreon members are not allowed to share the exclusive leaks in the patreon discord chat or on the patreon :warning:. Because of the fact that not everyone in the vetex community has patreon, obviously, and that it’s stated by vetex that sharing them with these people is not allowed so that they remain exclusive, I can’t include them in the Odyssey Feed. Hope you understand :+1:! However, Vetex does share some things publicly on his patreon, which can be shared and featured here. The first of many lies just below :eyes:

Now that this exciting news has been covered, it’s time to move onto the mines :pick:!

Chapter 4 Part 20 has been finished, The Eternal Mines, which marks the level cap being uppered to 96 :chart_with_upwards_trend:.

More progress has been made! End of the First Day, Back to the Mines, and The Pale Woman are all completable, which brings the max level cap to 98. Raising the roof here, and we’re approaching level 100 quite swiftly :dash:!

On top of this, we have some additional changes :face_with_monocle:… Galleon bags now have sparkle effects and will float to the surface of the ocean for easier collecting, and the angular swimming beneath the ocean’s surface has been improved upon :ocean:.

This is a pretty small version; Chapter 4, Part 24, End of the Second Day can be completed along with the Edward Kenton upgrade quest being prolonged by a single part :arrow_up:.

Next, we have something vetex has posted on his patreon; the details for the brewing system :flushed::test_tube:! There’s a ton of information here, so instead of writing for 500 years about something that’s going to be added soon anyways in which we’ll get better detail information, I’ll instead link the post here and do a short summary :nod:.

https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/potion-brewing-system-plans/80229

You learn brewing from a witch somewhere in the Bronze Sea, which lets you use cauldrons to make potions. Similarly to cooking, there’s a progression system that causes your potions to become better the more you brew. Cauldrons have 2 slots; 1 slot for a catalyst ingredient, and 1 slot where you can stack a reagent ingredient :moneybag:. Catalysts determine the type of potion, such as throwable, drinkable, flask, etc. Reagents are the ingredients that determine the effect of the potion. There’s one for a variety of effects, with an “elite” counterpart two tiers above its more bountiful counterpart :thinking:. There are five tiers of potions; Lesser (1 basic reagent), Moderate (5 basic reagents), Strong (10 basic reagents), Powerful (5 elite reagents), and Perfect (10 elite reagents). Each brew will give you two potions :mariomug:.

We finally have our next fighting style :drum:… Thermo fist, in which you build up heat through your punches to use in combat :thermometer:! Another exciting thing to add to the list. A few smaller changes accompany this; galleon bags now vary in their size depending on the galleons they contain, fighting style M1s have had their knockback reduced, and grapeshot cannonballs have been adjusted to spread further :ok_hand:

1.10.18, 1.10.19, and 1.10.20 are progress on thermo fist and the next story part. In 1.10.19, notably, freezing in the air while blocking was removed due to it being continuously abused :fr:. I definitely like this change a lot, and it makes things feel a bit more smooth during combat… and so people can’t abuse it :cold_sweat:! Onto our biggest version yet…

Thermo fist is finished, and its mentor is located at Ravenna. Quite fitting :fire:! Speaking of fighting styles, mastery is now gained through dealing damage, which I’m personally not too sure about. It sounds like it might take quite a long time to get the mastery of a given style up to the max with this, but I’m sure there’s a good reason behind it :thinking:.

Next, the following chapter 4 story parts have been added 25 (Mining Again…), 26 (Sudden Explosion), and 27 (Searching the Mines). These finally, at last, raise the level cap to 100! This opens up the ultimate art for the magic Blast Attack, along with opening up an entirely new tier of gear to be obtained with chests, including accessories, armor, and weapons!

The first items we have for level 100+ are the next set of amulets :poggers2:, the Fair versions. Obviously, they have increased stats from the previous tier, and require level 100 to be found and equipped. All amulets, besides the Archon Quartz Amulet, have received a galleon value increase, too :moneybag:! Matching this is Titanium Armor :eyes:, which includes the Titanium Helmet, Titanium Armor, and Titanium Leggings. We don’t have too much information on this gear besides their names, so feel free to speculate :mag:.

Last but not least, take a look at even more pictures of Explosion Magic visuals :boom:

That’s all for today’s anchor of The Odyssey Feed. Peace out :v:!

On Topic!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎On Topic! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Countdown to ESTIMATED release
Posted by Headless

Arcane Odyssey is just around the corner, and has been estimated several times by Vetex to be coming in January. Using a brand new forum feature, Headless creates an event to track the estimated release of Arcane Odyssey :face_with_monocle:! If you’d like to see the end of over 2 years of development and be notified on the forum about it too, come on in for the countdown :hourglass:!

https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/countdown-to-estimated-release/80314/2

Arcane Art!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Arcane Art! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

https://youtu.be/TA9--JK2acU

Glimmer of Hope

Created by @A_Name
Since I don’t have the choice to delay this anchor and there’s no “art” this week, I’ll be including one of the many music tracks released over the last few days in the category… it seems there’s been a massive influx of it on the forums :frhigh:! In Glimmer of Hope, A_Name leaves you reeling with an enigmatic tune that sounds stupendous! Each note stays true to the piece’s name and inflicts an interesting type of hope :thinking:!

https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/glimmer-of-hope/80344

Writing Wizardry!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ Writing Wizardry! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

The Flare | Chapter 1 - Beginning
Written by @Arcane-Lover

Another new writer joins us today with an incredible series, The Flare. It drops you into the seemingly simple life of Percy Calding, utilizing metaphors, shifts in point of view, onomatopoeia, and more to draw the reader in! Mixed with romance, adventure, and bright visuals you can nearly see, The Flare is an interesting work that you won’t even realize you’ve read until the end.

https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/the-flare-chapter-1-beginning/80268

The Chart!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ The Chart! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @Mysticjakub! Congratulations for being the first to crack it! The answer was… ”Copper & Tin”!

You Open The Scroll…

“What gets bigger the more you take away?”

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

Resources!
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ Resources! ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎

https://forum.arcaneodyssey.dev/t/odyssey-feed-center-the-news-anchor/59435

Thanks for reading!
I hope you achieve all your goals!
23 Likes

is this AO related?

1 Like

No.

1 Like

damn the hell is it supposed to be? the ever expanding universe? air? a hole?

1 Like

explosion making me thirsty for Ash visuals

9 Likes

W feed as always

A hole

1 Like

istg if its a hole

1 Like

It was in god of war ragnarok, brok asked Mimhere Mimir

2 Likes

There we go!

A HOLE

1 Like

god dammit divanochi

1 Like

i dont even understand the answer

1 Like

explosion magic users casually having access to nukes

3 Likes

Arsen

2 Likes

it es amaseing and evereytheng es ameseing and it is so ameseing

1 Like

W feed :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

If you poke a hole in a piece of paper and rip away more of the paper the hole gets bigger

(i didn’t answer it first ian did)

1 Like

gaming
happy anniversary

1 Like

Congratulations! :partying_face:I wish you luck for the future of The Odyssey Feed.

These look amazing!

Thank you!

Banger read as always.

he’s what made me like Ash lol. I just love the visuals

2 Likes