⚓ The Odyssey Feed ~ The Talos Finale!

Explore More Anchors:

wheel

Created by Cryonical, edited by DocTheWarBird!

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 (US)

:headphones:

Sound Magic!

Toy Kingdom

Composed by LawnReality

:scroll:

The Hook!

Heya, welcome back to another anchor of The Odyssey Feed :wave:! Once again, we have some surprising and exciting Arcane Odyssey information to cover today. So let’s go right ahead and begin.

First… General Argos has had their section added into the NPC/Boss item drop rates page on the AO trello!

I wasn’t expecting the second chestplate, but it’s welcome for sure! Argos’s drops have a 1 in 7 chance to be obtained upon his defeat, drop as level 80, and can be upgraded all the way to level 180… 100 levels worth of improvement :chart_with_upwards_trend:! These drops have a “Lion” and “Loyalty” theme, showing his reputation and his own theme as well :lion:.

The lance on his arm is dubbed “Lance of Loyalty”, and the other weapon, which we can’t see the top of, has been confirmed by this drop list to be a halberd :nod:, and not just a spear like most of us thought! Definitely will be interesting to play around with these on release, especially with what we’ll find out about them in just a few seconds.

Next on the table… going from bottom to top in this wonderful new published version :ok_hand:!

First, Ice Magic continues on its revamp by bearing an all new blast attack! One step closer to ice even colder than before :cold_face:.

Next, a rather curious change, but will make sense for some upcoming weapons :thinking:. Upon hovering over weapons, it says what stat(s) the weapon scales with. Most existing weapons would obviously say “Weapons”, but for example, assuming Arcanium weapons scale with the weapons and magic stat, it would say so :nod::+1:.

Why is the above change useful, you ask? Well, as you can see, it’s been confirmed that one or even both of the weapons dropped by General Argos will be strength weapons :mariomug:! These powerful tools of destruction not only scale off of both the weapons and strength stats, but require a minimum of both stats to wield :muscle:. Take a look at this message Vetex posted:

Seeing he said two strength weapons, it’s very likely that both weapons dropped by General Argos could fall under this category :ok_hand:… the Lance of Loyalty and the Lion’s Halberd!

Next up, we have something super exciting for you to look at… a brand new video posted on Vetex’s discord and twitter :poggers2:!

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/477952359402700803/996146218998693978/notes.mp4

It’s showcasing the new notebook tool :flushed:, and the UI and way of writing is super great without being incredibly restrictive. Here’s an overall view of the UI:

In “First Template” and “Second Template”, you get a list of short phrases which all include “(Word)” somewhere in them. What you choose for “First Word” fills in the “(Word)” for your “First Template”, and what you choose for “Second Word” fills in the “(Word)” for your “Second Template” :thinking:. The first and second sets of options are connected by a custom “Conjunction”, too :chains:. It gives you a preview of your note, too!

And as you can see, there’s huge variety in both the “Word” slots :v:, even making use of sections dividing the lists of language (The below image doesn’t show all of the sections and words. Just look at that scroll bar!). You could look at the video for ages to see all the different words :eyes:… in fact, according to vetex there’s over 400 of them!

There’s a ton of different “Templates” as well! Once again, this image doesn’t show all of it :fr:. There’s simply so much to choose from!

Finally for these screenshots i’ll be taking from the video, here’s a non-bottled note on the ground, along with the UI that shows up when opening it:

This is basically a full showcase of the note system :face_with_monocle:. I’m definitely pretty happy about that, and other people are too, since they’re already making do by looking at the “Words” and “Phrases” lists to find ways to say inappropriate things :sleeper:. Or you could say some funny things, one of them confirmed by vetex:

These aren’t the only cool things today, either. Take a look at this new version :point_down:!

As we can see, all the boss drops shown earlier have finished being implemented fully :poggers2:! Can’t wait to see some leaks with them involved… i’m really excited to see them all in action! I do wonder if they’re both strength weapons, though, or just one :thinking:.

And finally for this anchor, Ice Magic has had every spell revamped, along with its variations, to end an icy era in this chain of magic revamps :cold_face:. It’s gonna look cold; pun intended. Can’t believe it’s over already, but i’m looking forward for some visual leaks, and all the magic visual revamps to come :boom:!

To wrap all of this up :burrito:, the sixty-third part of the story can be completed: The Lion’s Fury. Interesting name, and i’m guessing this is the story part where your duel with Argos takes place :crossed_swords:.

That’s all for this anchor. Cya next time :mariomug::wave:!

:popcorn:

On Topic!

Superpower thread

Posted by @anon1881879

A_nerd gives us a look at a wiki that many of us have never seen, which lists thousands of superpowers :muscle: in an organized fashion, giving detailed descriptions and examples from all sorts of media compiled into each page. Whether it’s super strength or [REDACTED] :sleeper:, you can find pretty much any power you can imagine here. So, which do you find interesting?

:art:

Arcane Art!

Theos coming through!

Created by @JTN

It’s been a while since we’ve seen something like this, so let’s take a look :eyes:! Here we can see Theos unleashing his phoenix magic into grandeur wings, then carrying out his personal vendetta with the cameraman :mariomug:. The poses are really smooth and I love the phoenix magic particles!

:pencil2:

Writing Wizardry!

ADIM: Lost Things - Chapter VI: Not Alone

Written by @BNTarwarn

For the third anchor in a row where ADIM is the only thing available to put in this section :fr:, BNT takes center stage on the writing page. And as Virgil continues to practice the Warding charm, tensions loosen. Carson whips up memories from long past. And about tensions… What are those footsteps downstairs :face_with_raised_eyebrow:?

:mag:

The Chart!

Last anchor’s riddle solver was @StarForDays! Congratulations for being the first to crack it!

The answer was… ”Trial of Strength!”!

You open the chart, and it reads…

A looming city of golden strength, dull weakness, and duality.

First to comment or message me with the answer will get a shoutout next anchor!

:link:

Important Links

The Odyssey Feed

The Odyssey Feed Discord Server

Arcane Odyssey Trello

The Arcane Lily

Thanks for reading!

The Earth’s crust does not taste as good as pizza crust. Consume with caution.

16 Likes

fort talos?

1 Like

Nope.

i’m willing to bet that its an accessory

1 Like

YES ANOTHER ANCHOR :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

alalea?

1 Like

Oh, maybe.

Got it!

1 Like

W feed as always

2 Likes

i was meaning to ask vetex if he would be adding more than 2 strength weapon on release, but i messed up my question :frcryin:
I do now wonder if vetex is planning on adding a full set of arcanium weapons for each weapon type or just add 2 or 3 for release
imo it would be kind of boring, but we’ll see what vetex does

1 Like

Alalea.
yes?

1 Like

I’m definitely not sure about the arcanium weapons. I’m sure he’ll find a creative way to implement them.

Yep. Somebody already got it, though :sweat_smile:!

fuckfdvscfkm.

2 Likes

crafting? :eyes:
this is a joke

1 Like

5 Likes

n-no… no more progress on fort talos boss fight? NO MORE PROGRESS ON FORT TALOS BOSS FIGHT

1 Like

It’s over :poggers2:!

Can’t wait for the next boss to take 3 weeks to completely finish

1 Like

It’s not over till it’s over
please someone get the reference

2 Likes